picks of my engine bay

Not much to see yet,
A picture of my previously upgraded disks next to the replacement.

20130410_142056.jpg

Mockup :)

20130410_142039.jpg

Hi Clay, will all these latest rounds of modifcations be ready in time for Swedish Day in May? Assuming of course that you are going again this year.

I am sure with your particular kind of entrance your car will cause quite a stir again ;)

Hi Clay, will all these latest rounds of modifcations be ready in time for Swedish Day in May? Assuming of course that you are going again this year.

I am sure with your particular kind of entrance your car will cause quite a stir again ;)
I hope so mate, but if not, I'll come in my Volvo S60

When modifying brakes or fitting uprated parts, out of curiosity, does the caliper have to sit perfectly in the middle of the brake disc?
Asthetically yes, but in reality as long as you can get the pads in, it won't make any difference.

i bow down to your superior knowledge colin!!
but if you had a solid fixed caliper and it was off center wouldnt that mean you would have to skim 1 of the pads to get it in??

i bow down to your superior knowledge colin!!
but if you had a solid fixed caliper and it was off center wouldnt that mean you would have to skim 1 of the pads to get it in??
As I said above Herb. If you can get the pads in, then there's no problem.

Asthetically yes, but in reality as long as you can get the pads in, it won't make any difference.

Thanks Clay. Makes perfect sense! Whats the stopping force generated by the Aston brakes? Also... Are you swapping to Aston calipers for the rear discs too?

what size are the pistons in the callipers? i remember someone trying them on a mk4 golf but they were too big for the master cylinder. foot on floor before they would bite

^^ That was another question I wanted to ask too.... How will the brake cyclinder hold up?
Knowing you, You probably have an Aston Martin brake cyclinder ready to be fitted! :lol:

what size are the pistons in the callipers? i remember someone trying them on a mk4 golf but they were too big for the master cylinder. foot on floor before they would bite
Something I haven't even looked at, I'm assuming it will be fine as Jaguar and Porsche Big Brakes are a common upgrade to Volvos. But today I have hit a big snag, The wheels don't fit....lol

Hey matey, just question, do you use a heat gun on the arches before you carry out the massaging or do you just go straight at it.

First attempt at hydro dipping:
Sprayed undercoat:

Didn't take a picture of it painted black, so the next pick is after dipping and a wash down:

And after a couple of cotes of lacquer:

Inlet manifold fabrication all but finished, just need a bracket for the fuel rail, next thing is to try and make it look pretty.

Good to see some creativity with regards the inlet manifold, not easy welding ally. I made one for an Audi 5 cyl many years ago, I used an old turbo manifold and a fire extinguisher can! It did the job nicely for R&D purposes.

On the hydra dipping, is that a process you are doing from home then? I was going to pay Wicked Coatings a visit to see the process and get some ideas.

Yes, I just use a £5 plastic tub full of warm water, and about £25 worth of materials off ebay, I'm still learning at the moment so I cock up a few bits, but all it takes is another coat of paint, then you can have another go :), I'll post up a video in a minute.