Peugeot 206 x line

AZUM

Wrench Pro
Car
peugeot 206 x line
Hi all,

i have just registered on the forum. I own a peugeot 206 and would be interested in knowing about the tunning and power performance tips.

Thanks

Hi there,

can anyone out there help me out solve a peugeot 206x line its k6d issue.

The idle moves backwards and now the rev count reads between 72 to 50. When engine is switched off the needle points at 50. When stepping on the throttle the rev needle moves between 0 to 70 the pick on 1st gear is poor. The engine runs fine. On idle there is a slight miss. There are no fault codes.

The exhaust is throwing out water which means the air and fuel mixture is fine.

hey and welcome

the exhaust shouldnt really be throwing out water mate unless its at start up where some will have condensed in the exhaust itself.

not sure what you mean with your numbers for the rpm. is 50 actualy 50 rpm 500rpm or 5000prm ?

throttle body may be gunked up
the coils might be on their way out
the sparks might be dirty

what have you trierd so far?

Hi there,

the first time the revs would go crazy on idle they would race as though the throttle has been stepped on. I changed the step motor (idle speed controller) and all four injectors the problem disappeared and a new problem came up the rev counter moved anticlock wise and would fluctuate between 7000 rpm to 5000 rpm instead of between 0 - 800 rpm on idle.

The car would go dead slow at u turns, junctions, red lights and on hills though the engine would be running i had to step on the throttle hard and the car would pick speed.

I then replaced the plugs, air filter and cleaned the butterfly unit the fuel is still burning rich and the car has a slight change does not go dead slow all the time just when the engine is cold. I have noticed that there is a slight miss its as though the exhaust is kind of coughing. I put some fuel treatment that when the car started throwing out water from exhaust on first start and on idle.

The peugeot 206 has a ecu system but when put on diagnose the only thing it shows is rich fuel mixture and fluctuating rev counts no other fault codes.

If i can figure out how to adjsut the idle it would be great. The car has covered 50,000km.

Thanks

The idle is handled electronically on these. Have you checked the Lambda sensor? I'm guessing the catalyst may be on it's way out if you are running rich so you want to get this sorted out quickly.

Is it the needle flicking to the idle speed or is the engine actually going to those speeds? Does it only do this when hot or cold or both?

Oh and welcome to the site, good to meet you and I hope you get your problems sorted out soon.

Hi,

i will have the catalyst checked, anything i can do at home to check the catalyst? Regarding the idle when the engine is switched off the needle points at 4000rpm, when engine is switched on the needle points at 5000rpm when i step on the throttle the needle moves backwards now pointing at 6000 to 7000 rpm. Since the idle is electronic is there a way to fix it ?

Thanks

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back