Other people driving your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How often do you let other people drive your car? Are you really fussy who you give the keys to or are you happy for most people to drive it?

What about family? Are they more or less likely than your friends to be allowed to have a go in your car?

ive only ever let a couple of friends drive my cars and it was only once im far to nervous with other people at the wheel of my car.
wouldnt let any family drive either

No way. I dont think theyre going to crash it. But will they let the engine warm up before giving it some? Will they let it tick over for a few seconds before switching off?

I doubt it

My parents are on my insurance but theyre not allowed to actually drive it.

I am uber fussy about who I allow to drive the beast and I don't care if their feelings are hurt when I tell people NO.

Very few (To my knowledge) have been allowed to drive it anywhere even on short distances; Her indoors, the two owners of the performance garage who do the majority of the work on the car along with a couple of their most trusted mechanics and a couple of car valeters that I know.

I had some clown once (Last year actually) who was not prepared for the power of the old girl at a Saab main dealer lose control in their garage and kerbed my alloys :mad: it got very ugly when I came to collect the car and I found this out. Took a lot of guts for the man to walk up to me and apologise! Needless to say the garage had the wheels repaired the next day along with paying to have the whole car geometry rechecked while I went home in a loan car.

Mums borrowed it a few times
dad doesnt like it so hes never asked
wife using it alot the now as it looks like her cars being written off
good mate was on my insurance for the last year as she didnt have access to one
few mates have had a go in it to see what it was like but thats about it

only me and my wife have driven mine, and i didnt let her out of choice. It's not that i dont trust peoples driving but (very selfishly) its my car and i bought it for me to drive not them

^^^^ agreed ^^^^

But then there's plenty of people I'll trust with my life but are clumsy drivers who graze tyre sidewalls on kerbs etc. and think nothing of it. Perhaps I shouldn't trust those with my life on that basis alone

I am quite fussy not many people have driven it!,me my mrs,my son and his mrs.Ooh and the guy at the local ats,he drove it about 200 metres.