Optimal intake air speed

mate, there are soooooo many variables so it's not that cut and dry I'm afraid.

The best air box designs have an intake opening that is smaller than the airbox volume so then you have a pressure different from the outside air and the air inside the box. You want a high pressure outside and a lower pressure inside the air box so the air will then flow straight into the airbox.

If you look at intake pipes where the intake snokel is bigger than the pipe it feeds then you generally get the opposite effect which in turn reduce air pressure and less air enters the pipe. What you want is intake pipe which is the same diameter at the inlet end all the way to the airbox and an airbox which is bigger in size, this is how ram air works.

Swings and round-a-bouts really, if you can gulp the air in the engines ecu must be able to process it along with the volumetric efficiency of the inlet system and combustion process. Having been there and done that back in the early 90s it is a difficult process to manage as said, so many variables present be it on the road or on the track. We all hear it in F1 where a car in the tow will suffer from turbulent dirty air which affects the performance. I have posted about the ramair effect with the VECTIS design before where the optimal feed is one that ever decreases in volume before it hits the throttle body aperture.

remember that a motor that has power at low revs has smaller ports for increased air speed in low rpm, but a hi revving engine has large diameter ports for more air speed in high rpm, so in both cases the speed is the same, the difference is the rpm.

So i was wondering what is that speed?