Off to sunny LA

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Leave for Anaheim on Tuesday for my eldest Niece's wedding and 4 weeks of dossing around. House and animals are being looked after by a friend who will be living at the house so no heavy kennel fees :)

I will keep in touch and post any interesting car related photos I take. When I get back I will have 10 days work left before I retire :)

Then I can realy start to work on the car.

thats right rub it in mate

have fun

Me!? Rub it in? Perish the thought :)

At least the forecast is for an improvement next week for those left behind. I will have to struggle with expected temps around 100 on Saturday, which is rather hot but with very low humidity is just about bearable.

I will report on my suffering on Sunday :)

well enjoy yourself and relax your self thoroughly!! cause we would all like to see some nice progress on the elan when you get back:bigsmile:

I hope you have a great and well earn't rest! I bet you come back a bit heavier than when you go - this will ruin your quarter mile times! :lol:

well enjoy yourself and relax your self thoroughly!! cause we would all like to see some nice progress on the elan when you get back:bigsmile:

Hopefully, the only thing coming back heavier will be the suitcase. I already have an Accusump kit won on eBay to pick up. I will also be buying some lightweight CV joints, aeroquip hose fittings. I will also be bringing back a holley blue top pump and a set of gauges for my friend's 351ci Ford Pop (plus anything else he thinks of whilst I am over there!)

When I get back I have 2 weeks work left before I am redundant and a pensioner :) so I will have some serious quality time available to get on with the car.

Thanks. Arrived 12:30pm USA time. Good flight. Warm and sunny. Regular updates to follow :)

Plane that flew us to LA

Where we are staying

Road is typically suburban and 11m wide!

anaheim.jpg

anaheim (1).jpg

anaheim (2).jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it is clean, sunny and warm.

However, of much more interest to petrolheads.....

This has just arrived. Bought it on eBay using neice's eBay account as guy only ships to US. Suzie has just arrived with it from San Diego :)

accusump.jpg

Would it be cheaper for you to mail the parts to yourself as Gifts than put them in your baggage?

Thanks a lot for the pictures, being bought up on a diet of American cars, your pictures are much appreciated, the '47 Chevrolet fleetmaster in one of the pics was widely used as taxis here in India.

Lovely - you've died and gone to car heaven then.

The cars are very well done and interesting, but not really my scene, so i think that I will stay in the land of the living doe a while longer :)

One style I don't like is the Hispanic preference of having the front of the car higher than the rear. It just looks wrong.

The cars are very well done and interesting, but not really my scene, so i think that I will stay in the land of the living doe a while longer :)

One style I don't like is the Hispanic preference of having the front of the car higher than the rear. It just looks wrong.[/QUOTE

Most American cars being RWD this assists in weight transfer!

You'll notice if you travel the length and breadth of the good 'ole US of A, is that every state has its own type of cars, personally, I like the hot rodders of the state of Texas.

indiaman;One style I don't like is the Hispanic preference of having the front of the car higher than the rear. It just looks wrong.[/QUOTE Most American cars being RWD this assists in weight transfer!.[/QUOTE said:
I hope that you were joking! :) This isn't done for performance (if it was then there would be some reason for it), just 'style'.

I hope that you were joking! :) This isn't done for performance (if it was then there would be some reason for it), just 'style'.
Of course I was joking, I just don't know how to put those funny yellow faces at the end of my posts, hence the exclamation mark!!

Of course I was joking, I just don't know how to put those funny yellow faces at the end of my posts, hence the exclamation mark!!

If you use the post reply button at the bottom left of your screen instead of the quick reply option you'll see all the smileys on the right hand side of the text box.;)

Or press a : and a ) next to each other or ; ) and : D etc....

Or the go advanced button at the bottom does the same thing as the Post reply button.

And all in a pretty blue colour.

Unfortunately :)

I would have preferred black, but there was a delay and additional cost. I figured that, as most of the fittings will be out of site in the boot, I could live with the blue and red.

Those fittings are too nice. And too expensive :lol:

Depends on your definition of too expensive. They are made by XRP and used by many racers in the States.

I have been researching hose fittings for months. Summit Racing sell their own brand and Russell for slightly less than XRP. However, they are a pain to use (allegedly) and didn't have all the fittings I required. TorqueUK sells pretty good stuff on and off eBay (a friend has used them on his 351 Pop - only issue was that they were, like Summit, a pain to fit).

The shop I bought these from was local and the guy behind the counter was a fellow racer and very helpful. I had quite a few discussions with him and redesigned my set up which saved $75!!! As he was happy to accept cash I saved tax, shipping and a little more on the side. He also threw in the Copaslip for free :)

Hopefully, all I need now is aluminium fuel pipe, flap type one-way valves and Bosch pump brackets which are cheaper from TorqueUK.