Nitrous Acticle

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Hi Waynne. I am not able to send coments regading articles on this site - can't type in the boxes.

The actilce on nitrous was interesting. However, I noticed one error (the pedant in me strikes again). 2nd paragraph, last line - Oxygen IS NOT flammable, it only suports combustion. If it was flammable we would all be dead as there would be none left in the atmosphere :)

It's wierd you can't type in the boxes - which browser/version are you using so I can troubleshoot that!

Thanks for spotting that - it is a glaring error. Much appreciated and I'll get that amended ASAP!

It's wierd you can't type in the boxes - which browser/version are you using so I can troubleshoot that!

Thanks for spotting that - it is a glaring error. Much appreciated and I'll get that amended ASAP!

Mozilla Firefox 3

I'm on FF 2.0.0.16 - is 3 out of beta yet?

I have been using the beta version for some time with no problems. I upgraded to the released version a few weeks ago. You should have received an update offer.

Article has been updated and you are quite right the input boxes do not work in Firefox 3 - why do they keep upgrading browsers, we end up having to built 20 versions of a site to get it looking the same in each one GAAAAH!

You can paste into the boxes in FF3 which is really wierd. I'll look into this issue.

Article has been updated and you are quite right the input boxes do not work in Firefox 3 - why do they keep upgrading browsers, we end up having to built 20 versions of a site to get it looking the same in each one GAAAAH!

You can paste into the boxes in FF3 which is really wierd. I'll look into this issue.

Would you still like to be using Windows 1?

Or even DOS?

Everything moves on, please try to keep up Waynne -)

A bit of backwards compatibility would be nice. I'm all for new features but when I build sites I don't want to have to get out a crystal ball to determine what is going to change in the future! :lol:

All innovations are just a marketing ploy to make other things obsolete so we have to upgrade!

DOS is really nice to work with - you could be more productive in dos than clicking all these window boxes with your mousey thing.;)

A bit of backwards compatibility would be nice. I'm all for new features but when I build sites I don't want to have to get out a crystal ball to determine what is going to change in the future! :lol:

All innovations are just a marketing ploy to make other things obsolete so we have to upgrade!

DOS is really nice to work with - you could be more productive in dos than clicking all these window boxes with your mousey thing.;)

That is why people keep buying new cars!

Yeah, I liked DOS, spent many a long night programming in black and white :)
My main gripe is the speed, or rather lack of it, with Windows.

Couldn't see any reason why I would need to multitask, back in the DOS days.

DOS would make sites like this far less fun.

It's not DOS itself that would render this site far less fun. It was the era when DOS was the O/S for PC-compatibles that wouldn't allow such frivolity. You can still browse the net in pure DOS if you want to do so (couldn't then, because there wasn't a net to speak of, such as we know it today).

But, setting up a graphical browser in DOS is the devils own job (therefore I'm the devil, 'cos I can and have done so!).

So it's not so much the O/S, as the time frame during which such an OS in in general use.

W95 was probably the turning point for most - it's plug 'n' play ideals weren't quite ready but the market was alive an hungry. Hence the uptake.

Incidentally, I'm currently (ie. right NOW) using Windows 98 on a PC built around 1998. Generally it's Suse 10.3 for me, on younger hardware.

W95 was probably the turning point for most - it's plug 'n' play ideals weren't quite ready but the market was alive an hungry. Hence the uptake.

For me, it was W3.11 for networks. This was the first version that was in any was stable and useful, even if it did come on what seemed like a 100 floppies and took 3 days to load!

What I miss most is being able to drop into DOS to troubleshoot and houseclean. The command window now in Windows isn't the same. I was going to avoid Vista for as long as possible, but my parents have just got their first PC and that has Vista, so I am lumbered with learning about it.

I've got a dual boot with XP and Vista 64 bit Business edition and although there are nice features most of my software will not run on it. IE7 in explorer is hanging like mad despite what I do to uninstall components so its now Firefox for me.

I've fixed the feeback box bug now - just need to wait 6 days for the cached pages to drop out then its all ok.