newby looking for some civic tips

killbydemons

Car
Honda Civic
Greetings all,

I started reading the articles on this website a few nights ago, and it may have tickled an interest in doing some work on my honda civic.

I'll start from the top I guess...I have a owned a 1996 Honda Civic DX for not even a year now (my first car ;)). It has a little over 121k miles on it, and has not had any modifications nor major repairs done on it over the course of it's previous ownerships, so I think it's an ideal test bed for honing my automotive know how.

Basically, I'm looking for any suggestions on tuning, maintenance, or little projects. As far as my driving habits go, I just drive the thing to work...but since I do that every day, I might as well try and get a little enjoyment out of it, am I right?

Hey thanks.

My engine is in fact a 1.6 non-vtec. I was thinking of getting a B18C5 though to rebuild and transplant, which seems like the best all around engine for doing that, from what I've read up so far.

Beyond that though, I'm up for anything; I know someone with a garage and lift I may be able to use. I think if the research goes well, and tuning the civ seems like it would be practical and fun, I'd like to get as much HP and torque as I can out of it.

What do you guys think of this?

Hey thanks.

My engine is in fact a 1.6 non-vtec. I was thinking of getting a B18C5 though to rebuild and transplant, which seems like the best all around engine for doing that, from what I've read up so far.

Beyond that though, I'm up for anything; I know someone with a garage and lift I may be able to use. I think if the research goes well, and tuning the civ seems like it would be practical and fun, I'd like to get as much HP and torque as I can out of it.

What do you guys think of this?

For a B18C5 you will need everything from the Integra Type R. I'm talking, block, ECU, loom, gearbox, radiator etc.

But first you'll need to upgrade brakes and suspension. For the brakes you can use EP3 setup on the front and MB6 setup on the rear. Suspension wise you will want to at least lower it on coilovers, add a front strut brace and rear lower strut brace.