new to this..

devd

Car
Honda civic
hey there people. i am very new to this.. hope i get to learn a lot from you guys.
for instance can someone please tell me the difference between a turbo and a supercharger? they are both forced induction devices right?

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

I'll give it a go, very laymans terms here as I am not as knowledgeable as some of the other chaps on here!
Turbocharging involves a turbo being driven by exhaust gases (spent energy) as it is bolted to your exhaust manifold, it requires your engine to be of a low compression to work efficiently and it needs electronics for control. Good all round performance but can induce lag before the power surge comes in.

A supercharger is belt driven and therefore takes its power from the engine, but also robs the engine of a little power to keep it going. The power comes in much better and in general is easier to fit to an engine if it has never had a forced induction system fitted to it before than if you were to use a turbocharger.

Hope that makes sense! :blink: If not I am sure somebody will be along in a while who can explain it much better than I can :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back