New Red V5C Vehicle Registration

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Has any anybody else had a new V5C delivered to them today? Mine arrived this afternoon, had no idea that it was even on route! :blink:
Apparently this is down to the theft of a large number of blank Blue V5C's. Upon receiving the new red version you should destroy the existing blue version and do not send it back to the DVLA.

Do not take my word for it however wait until the document arrives and read the literature.

Normal dvla fiasco

Somehow they misplaced or had nicked a very large number of blank v5s a while back

This is the solution - Order seems to be random (though it probably isnt)- its not by postcode or make cos I have received two out of 6 and there is no pattern, They just arrive

They really are useless i sent one in to have some details changed , got it back and then three weeks later got the new style replacement.

I've not even heard about this at all until I read this thread. I'll keep you posted when we get ours through.

Just found this quote on a site "From the middle of 2011, the new certificate will be issued to all remaining vehicles when they are re-licensed or declared to be off the road. The existing blue V5C will remain valid for these vehicles until it is replaced and DVLA will not be asking for the old V5C to be returned."

So it seems to apply to cars as the tax becomes due.