New install help

gendox

Track Warrior
Car
Pug 206 LX
Ok, got my new car today and i am going to fit a sound system to it i already have,

x1 12" Vibe black air 2 sub 1600watt max
x1 Fli 400watt amp for 2 speakers
x1 Fli S.W.A.T. 3 cd player (3 pre-outs)

Ok so what i want is the sub in a box so i need a box x2 6x9's (to work with the fli amp i have) also all the wires, and a capacitor for the sub and a 1600watt amp.

My question is where can i get all this stuff on tinternet and also what capacitor wires and 6x9's do you think i should get.

Are there any local car part shops near you that sell this stuff? They can usually help with wiring questions if you get stuck.

I think the company I used was caraudiodirect for my radio. The prices were pretty good. See if there are any advertisers in our ICE section that can help you. www.torquecars.com/ice - Member ASCAudio will be able to help you out if you PM him and he might be able to do you a deal;)

Right Gendox i've done you a bit of research and found these 2 shops very close to you..
1. http://www.soundsupreme.co.uk/.
2. http://www.rmdaudio.co.uk/page--Store--store.html

These boy here http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/ Are great for online ordering and are very cheap. This shop isn't that far away from me so I use it alot. They are very helpful too.
Now about the power cap. I don't think you will need one with the setup you have. Power Caps are only needed when you start upping the total Rms wattage. Your 1600watt amp will be no where near that as Rms. Are you planning on some more amps?
If you do choose to have a power cap I'd go for a 2 Farad. That way you've got room to improve. As far as cable goes just remember this. The fatter the cable the better sound quality you will get. 0 gauge wire is the best. Also what do you want the 6x9's to do? Do you want sound quality out of them or just some extra bass?

regards wiring, ebay for phono leads and i used my local car shop to buy the power cables and speakers wire, worked out alot cheaper than buying a kit

regards wiring, ebay for phono leads and i used my local car shop to buy the power cables and speakers wire, worked out alot cheaper than buying a kit

Yeah i've done the same for the Ti. The battery is in the boot anyway so I bought some wire from halfrauds. I've got the power cap attached to the box and all wired up to the amps. I just can't be bothered to put it in yet...

ok so ill scrap the power cap because they are expensive just thought it would make it a bit clearer and stop light dimming. the 6x9s im thinking the vibe square ones they are 600w max and are nice looking too i just want them for a mid range speakers as i will be adding in the future tweeters maybe 4/8 inch speakers so atm they will do for a bit of noise

ok so ill scrap the power cap because they are expensive just thought it would make it a bit clearer and stop light dimming. the 6x9s im thinking the vibe square ones they are 600w max and are nice looking too i just want them for a mid range speakers as i will be adding in the future tweeters maybe 4/8 inch speakers so atm they will do for a bit of noise

Right from personal experience forget about the QB69 from Vibe. They are rubbish. The tweeters on mine melted away after a month or so. They also have a crossover box built in to the wires an this falls apart as soon as you touch it. Also they are 350 watts RMS. Infinity do some very goodd quality 6x9's so take a look at some of them. JBL also have some good 6x9's along with Sony and Pioneer.

will back up the infinity i had 2 set of 6x9s on the civic and they took a pounding for a long time but still in great condition when i sold them

will back up the infinity i had 2 set of 6x9s on the civic and they took a pounding for a long time but still in great condition when i sold them

Infinity are awesome sounding speakers. I will be upgrading all my speakers this year to Infinity. Kappa for the components and I will be having a couple of Infinity Perfect 12 inch subs...

i always thought those vibes where good, oh well. But i may need some help with this install if i get the parts. Any one near wanna give me a hand ????

EDIT: I would drive to yours, forgot to say. Also, i could come near you with cash and you could tell me what to get and help with the install aswell. Up to you lot though, :D but im a sure if TORQUE CARS got a rep for its members helping each other out in real time, rather than just on the forum we would get loads more members, and WAYNNE would love us forever lol. This is just me trying to get you to help lol :D. But if you do give me a hand im sure i could sort you a little cash, pint, crate or somthing. Anyone up for it this weekend or in the week, i am willing to travel a little because my car is new so i like to drive it anywhere. not dublin or somthing though lol. If you fancy a crate and a day modding just give me a shout on here and tell me where your from and ill say if it is too far or whatever thanks alot Kieran D.

Last edited:
i always thought those vibes where good, oh well. But i may need some help with this install if i get the parts. Any one near wanna give me a hand ????

EDIT: I would drive to yours, forgot to say. Also, i could come near you with cash and you could tell me what to get and help with the install aswell. Up to you lot though, :D but im a sure if TORQUE CARS got a rep for its members helping each other out in real time, rather than just on the forum we would get loads more members, and WAYNNE would love us forever lol. This is just me trying to get you to help lol :D. But if you do give me a hand im sure i could sort you a little cash, pint, crate or somthing. Anyone up for it this weekend or in the week, i am willing to travel a little because my car is new so i like to drive it anywhere. not dublin or somthing though lol. If you fancy a crate and a day modding just give me a shout on here and tell me where your from and ill say if it is too far or whatever thanks alot Kieran D.

I'd give you a hand buddy. There is also 2 Dedicated car audio shops not too far from me. 1 is in Notts and the other Derby. I am inbetween both.

you carnt go wrong with infinity i had a set of 6x9's an they lasted me 3 years an sold em 2 me m8 a year ago an there still goin!!!!!! wen i sold them i brought some vibe 6x9's a year ago an iv bin through 3 sets vibe iz not good at all but wen you do get ya system sorted remember to where it all in first cuz i dont think ull be wanting to be replaceing it all in 2 weeks lol

you carnt go wrong with infinity i had a set of 6x9's an they lasted me 3 years an sold em 2 me m8 a year ago an there still goin!!!!!! wen i sold them i brought some vibe 6x9's a year ago an iv bin through 3 sets vibe iz not good at all but wen you do get ya system sorted remember to where it all in first cuz i dont think ull be wanting to be replaceing it all in 2 weeks lol

I've changed my install so many times... I'm thinking of changing it again this year too. Mine never stays the same it justs keeps getting more things added.....:bigsmile:

sounds good sorry i aint been on car had mot and failed on back brakes also had a over revving problum and tinternet was down all sorted now :D