New Forum Troubleshooting

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the new forum. Let me know in this thread if you have any problems or spot any issues and I will fix them. I've been up since 3 am this morning transferring data and stuff.

I'd be curious to know if anyones PM have imported - I've lost all of my PMs so this might be something I have to fix. I've also just seen that the smilies images are not appearing. Oh well not quite back to the drawing board:(

Following up on a difficult week of slow servers and outages I am pleased to say we are now at the end of our recent problems. Our server is now running at peak efficiency.

NEW LAYOUT + NEW FORUM Just for diesels!)

Does putting ICE, Styling,Poll and Diesel inside the general car chat area seem like a good move to you? Or does it make things harder to find? I just thought it would make things a bit tidier on the front page but would appreciate your comments. - If you don't like it I'll put it back to how it was.

PREVTEC Spotted this one. Members were unable to upload avatars into their profile. This has now been corrected so if you have over 10 posts you can now upload an avatar and be more than a [?].

Do remember our non swimsuitnudity policy though!

Do remember our non swimsuitnudity policy though![/quote]

Well darn, I planned on putting my pic of me on here! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Just a heads up really following a recent minor incident with one of our respected members.

If other people have access to your computer, PLEASE LOG OUT of TorqueCars. This will prevent your well meaning mates from hijacking your account and causing a general nuisance.

Secondly please use the (!) Report post button (Located on the left under the username) if you see anthying posted that is against our terms and conditions, or is generally insulting or un-necessary. This will send me a priority email so I can deal with it more quickly for you.

All posts are read and checked at least once per day by our moderation team but this will speed things up.

Just upgraded the forum so if you spot any wierdness let me know. It ironed out a few bugs but most things affect moderators and message editing/moving and thread moving/merging. Hopefully it will also mean we have a bit more speed and reliability.

Its all a bit slow today. I think our host is having internet connectivity issues. Thankfully we are still online thanks to some clever DNS settings!

Hopefully we will be back up to full speed in an hour or two. Please bear with us in the meantime.

Its all a bit slow today. I think our host is having internet connectivity issues. Thankfully we are still online thanks to some clever DNS settings!

Hopefully we will be back up to full speed in an hour or two. Please bear with us in the meantime.

I'm glad you've said that I thought it was my Laptop....:D:D

Believe or not it's with Virgin. I've been with them since before they were NTL. Telcom or something was it? Started with a 1mb connection and every year they pretty much double it, give me a nice upgrade totally free of charge, then February this year I had them by the boo-boo's and cornered them about this stupid bandwidth thing. So now I actually recieve 85% of bmy connection rather the pitiful 36% it used to be.

You can get your TRUE connection quite easy but you have to chase for it and also depends how close to a main connection/hub. Luckily i live about 600yards from one hehe.

lockerbie has 6.5mb connecton i live around 400 yards from the exchange and revice around 5 at low peak, 3.5 at peak.
waiting for this data farm to go in then we should be on fibre optic lines rather than this 200 year old copper