New Car

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
Am getting that itch to get something new, looking for something thats not too shabby off the line and has 4 doors - baby on the way so need to be practical.
Currently am still undecided but wavering towards a 2008 Evo, FQ360 - (insurance full comp about GBP600). either this or buy the latest SALOON (i hate the hatchback) STi and getting it modded to similar kind of power as the Evo.
Any thoughts of something else (no BMW's or Merc's), comments?

Volvo T5? Mazda 3 with the 230bhp engine. What about a Glalant VR4 - a lot of car for your money?

What about a Porsche? Does it have to have 4 doors and seats? You can still stick the baby thing in the back with 2 doors.

Audi RS? or there is always the S3? Very nice cars when it comes to handling.

Stick with the FQ-360 mate. Why people are suggesting things like the FRS when you have clearly stated you need 4-doors I have no idea. The youth of today eh.

Xavier: Porsche, would like, too expensive. 4 doors also a must an the Panemara is (apart from expensive) looks rubbish. Volvo, just dont like them, too boxy, even the new ones, imo, (also OEM parts to be supplied by Geely - dont think so).
Poddy: Focus RS, did consider but bit expensive. Mazda 6= Mondeo, same floor plan isnt it? Actually like Mondeos but look for something with a bit more, um......
MA, think you're right. the wife will hate it but thats not the important thing - i will surely love it. (the only thing is seems i am going to have to travel about 300miles to get hold of one)

HDi - joking? Frankly i think Saab's, all of them, are horrible looking cars. And as to whether GM really sells them to Spyker or not seems to be up in the air.

fezza, didnt think about this. something i need to check it out.

The impreza is probably a more sensible family car option to the Evo as long as you don't stick on a drainpipe exhaust.

fezza, didnt think about this. something i need to check it out.

Agree Saabs are fugly AND boring, were talking about this at work today in fact.

The newer Evo's are surprisingly quiet inside even with a performance exhaust on. I was shocked by the noise my mates FQ-340 made when not on full chat. Don't forget you won't be giving it hell with the little-un in the car so there won't be a lot of noise to surpress.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back