neon help plzzzz

lelley1

Car
focus
Hello

I am new to this site and am looking for some advice... I want to have Blue neons (or led's?) fitted to my car.. Footwell, undercar, boot etc.. But !! theres no way that I feel I can fit them myself ! I want then done properly with no messy trailing wires etc !! Does anyone know of anywhere!! that supplies and fits??

I have found lots of sites that supply - but none that mention fitting... guess this is cos they are easy to fit yourself..?

I live in kent - london borders (ish) but willing to travel..

Pls Help !!!!

Cheers
Sam.

Sam any garage should be able to fit these for you.
you could fit them yourself. footwells and boot wiring can be hidden behind the carpets, stanley knife a SMALL cut and feed the wires through. just remember and fit them to a switch as all coloured lighting (esp red green and blue) is illegal. Under car ones are slightly harder to get the wiring neat especially if you dont have access to a lift. but unless your lookng under the car your unlikely to see the wires

neons in a car are illegel. as for under car ones. you can have them (but put on a switch) but you must not see the tubes or led themself from under the car plus the radis that they come out from the car must be minimal. hope this helps.

hi thankyou both so much for the advice - i rang halfords they supply but dont fit... after being advised to type in a search engine for PERFORANCE CARS - and told they should fit them.... about 40 unsuccessful calls later !! well, I did manage to find one place that said they do it but they said it'll be about 3 hrs work - just for both footwells and boot and quoted £135 to fit and I supply.... I want them bad but thats a bit heavy ? they said they have to remove all the interior !!!! someone suggested it was an auto electrician I needed to search for.. done a search on them - first one I rang was a mobile one - hes coming out next week - I have to buy them and to fit them £65.00 !!! yay !! now... I have to go buy them from halfords... should I buy 3 kits? one each for footwell and another for the boot.. any help appreciated, I really dont know what im doing !! ha ha thankyou sam.

you wont be able to buy "kits" as such for the footwells and boot, these are just tubes as such that are stuck where you want them.

i would suggest, but halfords dont stock them, is to use cold cathode tubes like those found in PC cases. they are alot cheaper and give better light, down side is they are more fragile ebuyer.com used to stock them £3 for 2 now compare this to halfrauds which will want around a £10 each for the neons.

the whole interir doesnt have to come out only some of the trim panels for the wiring to hide behind. make sure he fits a switch so you can kill them when on the road ( both the interior and under car ones )