Need Help about car exporting!!!!

hristohristov

Car
MK4 Astra 1.6 16v
Hello everyone,
I would like to bye a car for my father who is living in Bulgaria.When I bye a car he will come and pick it and drive back to Bulgaria.
The problem is that I want to bye the car straight with his name and I don't know if it is possible,or I should bye the car with my names and after to sell it to my father,then to keep the car in front of my house by the time he comes and take the car,wich will be like couple of weeks after I get the car,When he arrive in Bulgaria he would register the car,that means the car will be exporting from UK to Europe.
If someone know's more informanation about the procedure,about the forms which I have to fill I will be very happy!!!!!
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

That's a very nice and generous gift you are giving your father, I don't know what is actually required, but I do hope somebody on here will know what to do and can help you. Good luck :)

Pretty sure it is fairly straight forward. If it is a permenant export then you notify the DVLA as per the registration document or logbook. Not sure if there are any duties to be paid when in Bulgaria as it is leaving the UK for an EU country. What he will need to do is get it registered when in Bulgaria. If the export is for less than 12 months then it is classed as temporary and therefore can be left on the UK plates until such time it comes back to the UK. You will need to check with the countries vehicle licensing department for imported cars. They will be different for used and new.

hi there i have exported lots of cars to your neighboring country Serbia and im
Serbian my self i also speak Bulgarian can read but cant write, all you need to do is to explain to the saler that you exporting the car and he need to fill the
section for perminant export and let you have the commplet logbuck as your
intention is to import the car to bulgaria you will not need the car to be
registed on your name or your fathers, you will need to enclose recipt with logbuck in order to get the car registered in Bulgaria but if you have intension
to use the car on british plates in bulgaria then is a different story regards biyan

Last edited:
Thank's Stamford and Boyan I appreciate your help.The problem is that even if I bye the car with my fathers names the road taw will be valid just for seven days I think,he will not gonna come in 1 week,probably 1 or 2 weeks after I get a car.The car will be permanent exported and immediately registerd in Bulgaria