My rover 45 project

Wow that looks really nice m8. I found a vvc inlet manifold and a 52mm throttle body for £85 so happy days. What inlet manifold is in your old zr?? Were you get it from, how much? Also I noticed... Is it an oil breather filter sticking out of the block?? Is this possible to do with mine, is it in the same place? Soz I got so many questions. Any feedback would be most appreciated cheers

Have you stopped to take a breath yet mate? Andy is still trying to play catch up ;)......:lol:

what you see in the pics there is a jenvey direct to head throttle bodie set up running on a vvc head with vvc mechs blanked off and piper 285 cams. off top of my head it was around £2000-2500 for the set up and of course emerald ecu
it originally started with the plastic inlet then changed to vvc inlet and 52mm tb and piper 270 cams.

yes thats an oil breather and very possibly could be in same place although as said that was a vvc head on my car.

Got one but ain't had time to fit it yet. I love this mod, my car sounds monstrous even with a mid toned long life exhaust system

The sheild cant do any harm but as said befor it really needs to keep the hot air away to be a mod ta gives a performance benefit
Mine seals when the bonnet shuts so isolates the filter from the engine area much bette

^^ Very true Brian, if memory serves me correctly your heat shield is also covered with some additional gold heat reflecting lining as well.
After seeing yours I done the same to my old one using a Zirtec silver padded foil.

WP_20150409_18_05_44_Pro.jpg been busy. Got a pride longbridge show to attend on the 18th of April. This will be my first car show. Will be wanting to attend more shows and meets hopefully. I've had interest from cmmoc group. They found me on the random and am honored.

Cheers chap :) yep been going 100 mph getting it ready for the mgr show (pride of longbridge) show in Birmingham on 18th of April. Over braid pipes, swapped dark ice designs strut brace for a Honda civic one, lotus rocker cover, Kawasaki pipes, green washer collars, Kawasaki green paint colour coding. Waiting on deamon tweaks to deliver my air filter 90 degree in green and black flexible intake hose so I can fit a cda bca inclosed filter. Want all blue gone. Got a second car for the blue filter to go in. Its my next project. It will have a blue colour code engine bay. It a blue mg zt 1.8l turboWP_20150401_18_00_19_Pro.jpg fitted a mg zs front lip and splitter also. Mg zs side skirts. WP_20150331_18_07_50_Pro.jpg WP_20150408_16_11_04_Pro.jpg fitted coil over suspension as well lol I cant keep track.

Wow that looks really good! You've worked hard on that I can tell! I need to get myself a car that I love and would have joy working on :O

Some more little touches since last time I posted. I attended pride of longbridge car show at the weekend and really enjoyed myself as it was my first car show. Look forward to attending more shows. A new fuse box cover, oil dip stick handle, chrome wrap under the bonnet WP_20150419_14_37_49_Pro.jpg

View attachment 6958 been busy. Got a pride longbridge show to attend on the 18th of April. This will be my first car show. Will be wanting to attend more shows and meets hopefully. I've had interest from cmmoc group. They found me on the random and am honored.
Sorry to jump in on this thread but that engine bay looks amazing!

Wow a very nice setup I bet it sounds amazing. Are you happy with it?
Yes quite happy with it. Needs tweaking a little on the stereo speakers on front doors to harmonize it all. Had to do alot of sound deadening to stop rattles on back end. Its hitting around 130db+ so competition standards. Not been to an audio comp yet but hopefully will in the near future. Had alot of help from gav at audio Boffins and team bass hertz setting it all up.

Hi ppl. What do you think to ny door builds?WP_20160304_23_57_22_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160306_14_54_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160306_14_54_39_Pro.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 635930632661509239.jpg
    635930632661509239.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 0
My heart and soul went into them doors lol. I've also been busy re trimming my centre console and dashboard, halfway through fitting the dash at the moWP_20160311_23_11_10_Pro.jpg

Very underrated cars the Rovers! Most people slag them off. I had a 216 Gti the older shape. Half leather seats and wood trim looked lovely inside. I was amazed how fast it was for a 1600. Handled well also. I never had any problems the time i had it. I put on over 50,000miles on it making it 170,000miles. No rust, always passed the mot and did the servicing at the proper intervals. Loved that car. My mate borrowed the car to return a favour and he ended up wrecking it! When the 25 model came out years later, I ended up with the 1.4 16v model. I found it to be very slow like it was being strangled and found out the reason after investigating. Throttle plate only opened three quarters of the way as a plastic pin was stopping fully opening! Removed pin and throttle was now able to fully open. What a difference it made. To this day can't understand why Rover would do this. Fuel economy maybe? Was a good car but sold it on after 7 mths. My Mrs has had 2, 45 models, one being the 2.0ltr sporty one and recently a 2.0ltr diesel. Both great handling cars. Not great turning circle though! The diesel one was pretty slow but reliable! Only sold it as parts are getting hard to get aswell as expensive! Overall quite good car's!