My first project (106 gti)

Firstly i'd like to say i'm new to this site. Also this is my first wee car i'll be tuning up. I currently own a 106 gti and i'm wanting to get it up to around 180 - 200bhp. I'm wondering what way to go about it? do I go cams? supercharge? turbo? or what I was thinking was an engine change but that would be very expensive and lot of work in comparison to other ideas lol. Was just looking for advice as to which way to go about this. Any help will be much appreciated especially advice from people who have already done this to their 106 gti's.

thanks

Firstly i'd like to say i'm new to this site. Also this is my first wee car i'll be tuning up. I currently own a 106 gti and i'm wanting to get it up to around 180 - 200bhp. I'm wondering what way to go about it? do I go cams? supercharge? turbo? or what I was thinking was an engine change but that would be very expensive and lot of work in comparison to other ideas lol. Was just looking for advice as to which way to go about this. Any help will be much appreciated especially advice from people who have already done this to their 106 gti's.

thanks

Hi mate. Welcome to TorqueCars!

To get around 200bhp, throttle bodies are your best bet paired with better cams and a remap. Bare in mind, supercharging, turbo charging and throttle body conversions are costly. Unless your handy with a spanner.