My Engine

gendox

Track Warrior
Car
Pug 206 LX
Ok, i took my front end apart today to have a look at my lights and to have a look how much room i have for intakes and an intercooler.

Personally i think my air intake will be easy also the intercooler.

I have drawn where my intake will go it will go under the battery terminal and out the right fog light. The black bit is the cold air intake
intakepsshq9.jpg

By gendox at 2008-09-16
Ok this is where it will come out the bottom.
intakepossbottomkp8.jpg

By gendox, shot with N95 at 2008-09-16

This is how much room i have for my intercooler.
intercoolerpossgd6.jpg

This is my engine From the right
rightenginezi1.jpg

Close up of my tyre tread.
treadtyreaa7.jpg

Looking good, you have good taste in tyres. Theres quite a bit of space in there.

An intercooler will only work on a turbo really, are you planning to do this after the turbo conversion?

My Rovers intake was behind the front headlight!

The intercooler cools down the air which has been heated up by the compression of a turbo. You can get oil coolers - caravanners often have these due to the load on the engine. I wouldn't have thought you'd need one. I've not seen water coolers in cars other than the front radiator which looks to be in pretty good nick from your photos.

I would definately look to site the air filter further away from the engine though. Get some piping and try to get cold air onto it.

My Rovers intake was behind the front headlight!

The intercooler cools down the air which has been heated up by the compression of a turbo. You can get oil coolers - caravanners often have these due to the load on the engine. I wouldn't have thought you'd need one. I've not seen water coolers in cars other than the front radiator which looks to be in pretty good nick from your photos.

I would definately look to site the air filter further away from the engine though. Get some piping and try to get cold air onto it.

i mioght put the box under the battery and that is brand new lol mine was blocked due to gunk in the water which has been an ongoing struggle for me since i got the car replacing head gasket thermostat pipes radiator ect its all sorted now though so there is nothing that could go in there that would be benificial was gonna put the intake there but its right next to the manifold. Any idea's atall ?

Some of the space around the engine helps keep the engine cooler to a degree, don't try and fill up every little gap for the sake of it.;)

yea i know lol i noticed yesterday that there is already holsters there for a bigger radiator so maybe the 420T or 18 might fit in there?

I'm not surpised at that the engine was an option so the bay comes ready to fit. There wasn't much room around my 2.0 Lump.

there are hundreds of holes every where on this car like there is one car and different parts like a universal body is this true because all the fittings are there for the larger radiator top and bottom and room for the pipes