My Brakes - Help required

wheelie 2

Car
Cortina 351 Nitrous
any help will be be appericated

I'm knew to drag racing i bought a Contina with 351

i have hz discs on the front with hz master cylinder now to my amazment the have put landcrusier on the rear so just spending $1500 the car is still not braking to my standed when we pipe of the front brakes the rears work beautifully as soon as i release the fronts they go back to not very good the brake place said wait till the pads get beded in but doing the speeds i will do i want to know i'm going to stop any sugestions of what i may do i will value
i completly new to this i've only drag my street car F6 typhoon
but i wish to go faster thats why i have my Cortina
thanks i wait for advice
Wheelie :confused:

Yeah you can't take chances with brakes. It sounds like the proportioning valves are out somewhere or it could be a leak or air lock in the system. If they work fine when the fronts are excluded then the loss is probably in the front part.

Most cars have a 60/40 front rear braking bias. If you have bigger rears then you can play around with this a little. Is the servo (master cylinder) man enough for the job, if it was designed for a front disk system you need to remember that it is now providing twice as much shove.

cheers thanks wayne i had several people tell me about this yes it is a hz master cylinder i paid a brake bloke to do the job & i'm shore there is no proportioning valve on it

any help will be be appericated

I'm knew to drag racing i bought a Contina with 351

i have hz discs on the front with hz master cylinder now to my amazment the have put landcrusier on the rear so just spending $1500 the car is still not braking to my standed when we pipe of the front brakes the rears work beautifully as soon as i release the fronts they go back to not very good the brake place said wait till the pads get beded in but doing the speeds i will do i want to know i'm going to stop any sugestions of what i may do i will value
i completly new to this i've only drag my street car F6 typhoon
but i wish to go faster thats why i have my Cortina
thanks i wait for advice
Wheelie :confused:

Are we talking Cleveland or Windsor?

Is the pedal spongy or just have a lot of travel?