MOT & Cambelt today

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Car goes into Audi today for it's MOT and Cambelt change! I'm sure it will fly through with no problems but I'm always worried.

At least I'll have a loan car to play with today, perhaps an R8 or an A1! Guess which I'm most likely to end up with?

Hey got an a3 sport cabriolet to play with on an 11 plate! currently enjoying a drive around whitstable area (in Costa at the moment so not driving and typing).

Too cold to put the top down but I'm itching to give it a go!

Hey got an a3 sport cabriolet to play with on an 11 plate! currently enjoying a drive around whitstable area (in Costa at the moment so not driving and typing).

Too cold to put the top down but I'm itching to give it a go!

get that top down ya girl

Right Prince is banned for that remark under the basis that I'm folically challenged and he was being clearly hairest!

Audi took £460 for an MOT, Cambelt and water pump. Steep but my local garage wern't far off that figure and I'd rather have someone working on the car that knows about Audi's.

I did get the roof down for a bit when the temp shot up to a heady 4 degrees! It was fun. I can now say I've had my mid life crisis, a balding bloke in his later 30's driving around in a Cabriolet with the top down and radio blaring!

I'd rather have had the R8 with a roof though!

balding ? thought you were alrady at the bald stage :)

thats no a bad price seeing as VW wanted nearly that jsut for the cambelt and waterpump.
did you have to stipulate that you wanted the pump done ?

Right Prince is banned for that remark under the basis that I'm folically challenged and he was being clearly hairest!

Audi took £460 for an MOT, Cambelt and water pump. Steep but my local garage wern't far off that figure and I'd rather have someone working on the car that knows about Audi's.

Hahaha!

Jesus! That's steep!

Yes it did include the water pump but I did have to ask them to do this for me. Daft really as they are still using the plastic water pumps!

Oh and I do still have some fuzz to the back of my head so I'll claim balding! I might let prince back in if I get a full written apology.

yeah ive been told by a few that have had cambelts done that the waterpump isnt done along with it unless you ask for it,
cant help but think how many have done the timing belt just for the pump to go shortly afterwards

Peugeot recommended a water pump in my car at 96000 (first belt change - scarily long intervals). Needless to say I didn't bother and there was no problem. However, you can see the dealers point wanting to reduce their risk of paying out for a failed engine.

£460 at dealer prices isn't bad for this little lot, especially if it included a routine service as well.

No it didn't include a service as well, that is not due for another 6 months or so. I was quite happy with the price quoted and as long as a main dealer is not going to rip me off I'm willing to go to them and use them.