Most Fun Road

lol Well My Strongest Asset is my Gift of Anticipation! As I grew up in a Cab with a HGV driver for a Father who constantly drilled into me about Observations e.t.c.

I know your point! Normally I just Average 85 on the motorways which aient so bad

Good. Very good in fact. It's nice to know. I like the fact that you're not majoring on reactions reflexes and handling cars on the limit of adhesion. They're all worthy assets indeed but you seem to have worked out pretty early on that anticipation makes the best of those skills. Some drivers never grasp the concept of anticipation.

Far better, as you imply, to anticipate something and have several seconds to re-arrange hazards in order of importance and to re-arrange your drive suitably than rely upon split second reflexes to deal with something when it's almost too late.

I agree, 85 on a Motorway is not exactly outrageous if you're looking and planning things properly. I'd think I'd rather be a passenger at 85 in your car than with a dimwit dreamer driving mine at 65.

Good call mister.

Well its all fair and well saying "Oh that wouldn't happen because My Reactions are quick", Their reactions maybe quick but if you use a reflex action at 85 - 90 your more than likely to roll the car and end up seriously hurt! When I get the chance I want to do Advanced Driving

My reactions and reflexes etc are not at all bad, though possibly slower now at 41 yrs than they were when I was 21. Despite that I am certainly a better driver now than I was then.

And despite that I had a 60mph frontal in June 2009. All responsibility attributed to the other party by insurers and the by investigating police but it still happened.

As for a Scania - yes you are right there, but given the inevitable in a race between your chariot and mine, don't bet your house on the outcome!

i Might be temped to put a £5 on the punto :p

Punto - dont go for the ceramc brakes, i looked at them for a laugh as an upgrade for the bora, £10k for the 2 front discs

Lol Thats a Rather Sizeable Chunk of cash Mind for 200 quid I can get my hands on a Set of Vented Discs which aient too bad

Lol Thats a Rather Sizeable Chunk of cash Mind for 200 quid I can get my hands on a Set of Vented Discs which aient too bad

Don't bother with drilled and slotted ones. £200 is major money. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

A set for my car directly from BMW dealer is £96 all inclusive for the front set and about £108 for the rear set. They're ventilated all round and are 324mm in diameter front, 298mm at the back. SO I think someones ripping you off quoting £200 for fronts only.

Going to Upload My First Ever Driving Video Today! It involved Stickey tap an A Ipod Camera I did a Running Commentary But I stuck the tape over the Microphone!

Don't bother with drilled and slotted ones. £200 is major money. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

A set for my car directly from BMW dealer is £96 all inclusive for the front set and about £108 for the rear set. They're ventilated all round and are 324mm in diameter front, 298mm at the back. SO I think someones ripping you off quoting £200 for fronts only.

Christ thats cheap !! VW wanted £152 for the standard fronts on the bora 312x25mm, got the cross grooved cryo treated discs for £136.

the 345x30mm thats on the skoda now are not going to be cheap - same company for the nitric x grooves £296
and plain discs £305

and ive just checked Skoda and suprisingly theyre only wanting £110 a side in vat
saying that the pads are near enought the same price as a disc

just checked 1.2 punto
x groove discs just over £100
these are the ones i ran on the bora for close to 2 years and there was next to no wear on them at all, the downside is something like the 6 week wait while they are treated
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?productcode=NBD119B&PID=1001526

Last edited:
I love the wide angle view on you set up, works really well.
thgood.gif
Hi Loz and all, thanks that was taken in 1080p25 which is 140 deg camera angle,
720p60 is 90 deg and lower resolution, have just got back from weekend away at Wakefield Park raceway where I had a ball posted a new PB of 1:13:52 so pleased with the effort, have vidoe of my 4 runs but Photo Bucket wont let me upload them, too big apparently, they gave us around 8 laps so video's are around 10 mins in duration.

Does anyone know how I can get them uploaded so you guys can view?