Most Fun Road

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
One of the best i've been on is the SNAKE PASS - it links Sheffield to Manchester

but it does get congested from time to time though

Snake Pass is a good one. I discovered it in 1990. A487 in North Wales is fun but the Heddlu Gogledd Cymru are very quick to dish out tickets. You have been warned.

Anglesey is a good place as well, though I've not driven much of it despite living in N Wales for a short period.

@ PPimp - translate, North Wales Police. :) Be cautious, Richard Brunstrom's legacy is a quick fire approach with the LiDAR gun. Not a bad thing really but they have been known to get a bit carried away, like ticketing 62mph in a 60 zone. I know technically they can do so but in my opinion that's a bit severe. SO, eyes wide open and a good 1/2 mile up the road matey. Enjoy ;)

Nice one! how do you mount your camera on the motor??
Hi Puntopimp

This is my setup

VIOpovHDcamera.jpg

VIOpovHD2.jpg

VIOpovHD.jpg

Nice one! I might just be cheap and use Duct Tape and a Vid Camera xD after all the British Army is held together by the stuff

maquarie pass, this road goes from sea level up into the mountains, really fast turns at the bottom and big sweeping bends at the top.
it's a really fun road at night

Sounds like some Roads in Italy if you go from the mount blanc tunnel into Florence

about 15 miles long all hair pin junctions from the Alps down to sea level

Cheers PG, might have to give this a go when it's a little warmer - being a soft southerner and all :bigsmile:
Will need to plan my journey up there on-route via BP petrol stations with a distance of no more than 350 miles between them, oh it's a thirsty beast! :lol::lol:

Cheers PG, might have to give this a go when it's a little warmer - being a soft southerner and all :bigsmile:
Will need to plan my journey up there on-route via BP petrol stations with a distance of no more than 350 miles between them, oh it's a thirsty beast! :lol::lol:

You should try out the A22 Its nearer to you and is great fun the straight is about 2 miles long

Drive through wales and take a wild turn off and you'll find lovely roads. The A5 is nice, very scenic but quite busy.

How big is your tank?

The Fun PG Is the fact you can really open your taps and push the car to the highest speed possible I Got 107 MPH in my Fiat Punto Which aient half bad and great fun mincing a Porche

Nah mate find a nice twisty road and you can really push the car more, straights are boring you want a straight then go on a motorway. theres a straight around 50 miles from here that i have to use if im heading to edinburgh, probably the same couple of miles long but other than overtaking theres nothing to it, go on another 20 miles and you get to the fun part lots of twisty 2nd and 3rd gear corners that you can have fun on without breaking the speed limit.

and mincing a porche ? they ether couldnt drive or werent trying

T9 You B*stard hahaha xD

I was Rather impressed considering top speed should be limited to 99 MPH :D Not KPH You gimboid Btw how is it driving what is in essence a Scania? :p I Went There :D

T9 You B*stard hahaha xD

I was Rather impressed considering top speed should be limited to 99 MPH :D Not KPH You gimboid Btw how is it driving what is in essence a Scania? :p I Went There :D

Weeeeell PP, as the speed limit is 70 MPH on our fastest British roads, I am quite sure you meant to say on open forum 107 KPH and not 107 MPH!!! If I am mistaken here, then I know a marvellous Lawyer who is a very good friend of mine from my University days, who can help you with your up and coming speeding court case! ;);););):lol:

As for a Scania - yes you are right there, but given the inevitable in a race between your chariot and mine, don't bet your house on the outcome!

What is in essence, possibly the fastest Saab in the country - driving it for me happens to be a very nice experience thank you! :bigsmile:

Lol But what is said and what is done is very clear differences in the eyes of a court ;)

haha

Btw Frustrated HGV driver you are ;) ahaha

The Fun PG Is the fact you can really open your taps and push the car to the highest speed possible I Got 107 MPH in my Fiat Punto Which aient half bad and great fun mincing a Porche

That must've taken some determination and nerve. I don't fancy your chance of stopping it at 107mph.

We've all done some 'radical' things in our lives. All I'm saying is this - please, please, don't become a statistic. Too many quality young lives are lost on the road. At elevated speeds situations can change very very quickly.

I remember once using dubious tyres on my 2.0 Primera about 14 years ago. The rear end let go spectacularly at only 60 ish on a slightly damp bend - B4011 between Oakley and Bicester to be precise.

It's frightening how quick 60 feels when you're no longer in total command of the direction you're travelling. Thankfully nothing came of it, I managed to recover the situation (thankfully the road was empty) but those tyres were disposed of the next day (only 3 weeks old) and I fitted a set of proper Goodyear NCT3s all round.

The tyres that caused the problem were a full set of Goodyear NCT3s from Just Tyres in Aylesbury. According to the sidewall markings these were made in New Zealand.

I consulted Goodyear UK. They confirmed that New Zealand made NCT3s were never designed for the North European climate; the compound is designed for Pacific Rim countries where shade temperatures are more like 40 degrees celcius. Goodyear Uk advised me to remove them immediately. I did so. Goodyear UK also had nothing at all to do with the import of Goodyear NZ tyres.

So - be watchful of cheap deals on branded tyres, even from supposedly respectable establishments. And especially Just Tyres in Aylesbury it appears.

This is not slander, nor is it libel. It's fact. So if Just Tyres wishes to challenge me I'm quite happy to rise to that challenge.

Your right Mate Of course!

I Just Had a Moment of Adrenaline The Stopping Ability Has been a cause for concern, When I can get the money I will look at Ceramic Breaks and Adding Addition Break drums to the back tyres

Your right Mate Of course!

I Just Had a Moment of Adrenaline The Stopping Ability Has been a cause for concern, When I can get the money I will look at Ceramic Breaks and Adding Addition Break drums to the back tyres

It's not just the brake hardware to be honest. Suspension and chassis has a huge effect upon stopping ability. As does observation and planning. OK, What I'm really driving at is that I don't want to see a post on here where you say you left the road inadvertenty and that you're now in A&E being repaired.

Take it a bit easy with the right foot as well. Stay enthusiastic, of course and enjoy swift safe driving for years and years to come. It's a privilege we all enjoy. That's why we're members of this forum. We're not here because we like going everywhere at 41.5mph :)

Stay well mate

Kind regards,

P.

lol Well My Strongest Asset is my Gift of Anticipation! As I grew up in a Cab with a HGV driver for a Father who constantly drilled into me about Observations e.t.c.

I know your point! Normally I just Average 85 on the motorways which aient so bad