Media view of car tuning

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that the media (movies, news and newspapers) portrey a positive view of car tuning as a hobby?

Do you think the kids with their loud exhausts and driving style give car tuning a bad name?

I think the 'boy racers' with their lexus lights and stupidly loud back boxes give us a bad name more than the media do. More commonly than not the drivers of these cars don't tend to drive sensibly and when they proceed to cause an accident the media will pick up on the fact the car has been 'modified'. In another way, such films as The Fast and Furious (and all the others) can glorify illegal driving and make it seem as if we all do it.

Tuning is portrayed very badly by the media unfortunately. Most of this is down the the chavvy boy racers though. Most of who, ironically, don't actually have any form of real tuning on their cars beyond a wicked K AAAND M FILTA DAT LYK GIVS ME RAAAAPID 1 LTR 120bhp N 94 TORQUES BRAH.

Do you think that the media (movies, news and newspapers) portrey a positive view of car tuning as a hobby?

Do you think the kids with their loud exhausts and driving style give car tuning a bad name?

they always go on that to put a bad name over the tuners.
while that is total a different thing from what they say.
that's just knowledge.
but also it is true that there are a lot of dumb people between tuners, who give them bad names.

same as everyone else thinks around them
its the stupid ones that race up and down the streets with widows open music thumping ( if you want to call it that ) rev the nuts off theyre stupid small hamsters in a wheel.
like MA said induction kit and 6" tailpipe gives it enough power to keep up with the bigger cars.

I heard on the radio the other day that some people are trying to get Nitrous banned cause of all the chavs in there corsa's are killing themselves using it stupidly on the public roads. I think it's silly. If they are stupid enough to do it then they have to face what may and most probably will happen. A severe accident.

It's not allowed to be used on the road anyway so I can't see how this will make any difference. Rebellion is a great motivator.

It would be like banning knives completely when most of us only use 'em to prepare food.