m.o.t.s

speedy

Torque Junkie
Car
cordoba1.6
is it an mot failure if you dont have door cards. and also does a side exit exhaust have to be in a specific place or can it be any where? thanks

can the side exit exhaust be in the front bumper or behind the front wheels and will it need a cat and silenser for it to pass. ive tried to find some info but its mixed,:confused: some say it has to be behind the front wheels and others say it doesnt matter as long its not to loud an it has no sharp edges? thanks

the door cards well it dont even need doors

the exaust
does not matter were it comes out can have it coming out the dash for all the test cares about

but by the book it should not be any louder then it come out the factory
and if it is 92 onwards it needs a cat unless it comes in the braket were some did not put cats on till 95 when all cars had to have them on

but if you bought it into me for a test i could not care how loud it is for me louder is better
after all i get a lot of yanks in and they are loud my one has daul stright throu pipes

but it all goes on the tester and if he likes you at the end of the day should not be like that but is

if you come in and i did not like you cos you was trying to tell me what to do ect i would fail it on any little thing i can

did it the other day bloke was late then it needed 3 bulbs normaly i do them job done but he was trying to get me to pass it with out doing them so he could get off and in the end he would not get them done

so i failed it

but by the book it should not be any louder then it come out the factory and if it is 92 onwards it needs a cat unless it comes in the braket were some did not put cats on till 95 when all cars had to have them on

]/quote]

Are you sure cats are required? I thought that a car just had to pass the emission levels for the particualar car and year? If it can meet these without a cat (very difficult) it will pass, will it not?

i't will but in all likelyhood it wont ass without a CAT.

Diesels aren't tested on emmisions so they can have the CAT removed, in NI anyway.

theres a few differences between here and the mainland

ya you dont have to have a cat if the engine will pass with out one
did have a 3year old golf that failed bloke went away then come back and it passed turns out he had smashed the cat out

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back