Torque Cars

Love it or leave it?

Discussion in 'Kia Forums' started by HuntingTarg, 21 February 2016.

1. HuntingTarg

HuntingTarg Tuner

Cali USA
    Car:
    '02 Kia Spectra LS
    I'm putting this up in the general discussion area also, but I'd like to know what the Kia owners around here think. The car I currently claim (the '02 Spectra in my profile) has just over 100K miles, and is due for some major maintenance, if not an overhaul, to keep it roadworthy and economical. In absentiam of my maintenance laundry list, is this a car worth keeping to drive?; for me to learn more about cars with?; Or should I trade it in for something newer, nicer, and lower-maintenance?

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    IMO If the repair costs exceed half of the cars value then trade it in.

3. HuntingTarg

HuntingTarg Tuner

Cali USA
    Car:
    '02 Kia Spectra LS
    Cost including time of labor or just in parts? There's a lot I can do myself, even without a full lift or a block crane; I have a service manual (not Chilton's -whatever the off-brand is)