Looking for replacement fuel tank

Carl55

Car
VW GT Super Beetle
Hi

I am new to the forum, but I purchased a 1972 GT Super Beetle a few months ago and it is now time to renew the MOT. I just heard that the fuel tank has split so needs replacing. I have tried SSP/Heritage to get a replacement, but apparently they don't have any for this particular model. Can anyone help???

Many thanks

Carl

Hi Waynne

Thanks for the link - I will check it out and let you know how it goes. Apparently the seem of the tank is split ........ probably explains the overpowering smell of petrol when we go round corners and the terrible mpg :embarrest:

Hi Waynne

Well, I tried to contact justaircooled.co.uk, but they don't have them either :( It seems their supplier doesn't have them in stock, so maybe their supplier is SSP/Heritage who I tried yesterday with no luck :sad2:

Better keep looking I suppose :blink:

Interestingly every beetle I have ever been in smells of petrol! Its probably why they are all such cheery drivers! If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Hi Waynne

I tracked down a new tank at last.......took a few calls though :confused:

Funny you should say about all Beetles smelling of petrol, I have a 1988 Porsche 911 Supersport - that's not much better.......maybe it's an aircooled thing:lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back