Looking for a small, powerful fan

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I am looking for the smallest fan (or pair of fans) than can produce .2psi static pressure or 6" of water static pressure. Preferably DC electric.

Anyone out there have any knowledge about these things?

OK OG, I will start surfing tomorrow when I have a bit of time; I do hope this has not got the makings of an electric supercharger thread :lol:

Can't you just wind down the windows? ;)

Per Minute - I missed that! Is this even possible? Would a mechanical supercharger not achieve this?

What is it you are trying to do OG?

I used to really like tractors, I had posters and went to conventions about them. Now I don't really care that much about them at all.

I guess you could say I'm now an ex-tractor fan!

When I say small, I'm talking about around 3-400mm diameter.

I take it you mean 300-400mm.

So 12-15 inches. Is the flow rate you require going to be possible without the fan blade tips getting close to supersonic speeds??

I reckon he's building a bouncy castle

Last edited:
Actually, I did look into building a simple wind tunnel a few years ago. Basically a long timber tube 2.4m x 2.4m x 6m using a film studio wind fan :)

:blink:Ok so your actually going to drag this out untill we all on our knees begging you to tell us what on earth you are doing....that is just cruel and unusual.

Got eeeet - extraction for an underground smoke pit.

Mr OG is diversifying into Texan style BBQ or smoked exotic meats and wild game :-D

(Guess who's hungry - one track mind - FOOD )

The HF164 just about matches the CFM requirement. Doesn't mention static pressure but I can ask that question. Bloody heavy but that is probably mainly due to the shroud. Need to check on what they mean by venturi as it needs this to produce the CFM.

Thanks HB, some useful links.