Looking for a Book

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Evening Chaps

Wonder if anyone can help point me in the right way

there is lots of books on mechanics out in the world but what I want is a book where it will tell me how to do generic stuff on cars anything from looking after the engine right through to playing with the electrics for ICE

IS there anything suitable out there I can get which can give me a tutorial hand book so to speak you can think of?

the internet is your greatest asset here tbh
But 1 great book i've got that covers all this is maxpowers little black book

Oh right?? how much did you pay for it??

Btw what you think of my custom signature I made in photoshop??

It was free in a really old edition of maxpower (before it went chav;))
And I can't see your sig mate I'm on my phone

Ahh well I just look at Amazon there is Haynes manuals made by Max power on ICE for example for 8 quid might pick a couple up :D

Yeah true but the sort of book i am looking for is a beginners guide so to speak for stuff like modifications, ICE and mechanics a talk through step by step type thing

Last edited:
I remember on my travels through Amazon.com seeing a similar book to what you are looking for PP but it was American based. Try Amazon.co.uk to see if there is a British version.

Just spotted your link but think the American version was quite straightforward.
Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
I am in the process of getting one yes I have whittled it down to 3 options. The Most Likely is a 1.4 16v Renault Clio, BMW 316i Compact or A Fiat Punto Again!! I Miss my Fiat they are addictive!

I got this book at an absolute bargain :D couldn't ask for more!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130754337784?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Basically before I hope under the bonnet again this time round I want to make sure I am competant enough not to wreck the car!

The best way to learn about cars I've found is do your research and combine it with actually doing something....
it's how I did it.... have a look over my project... it's the first time I've done anything like that before... granted it isn't pretty but I've learnt a shed load while doing it and now I'm planning more modifications based on my previous experience