lookin for new car

andyalbone

Track Warrior
Car
Honda Integra dc5
i am looking to buy a new car in the next few months but cant decide what to buy? ive been looking at subaru impreza wrx/sti, honda s2000, alfa 147gta and nissan 200sx/syliva.
does any1 own any of these and let me no the good and bad points of each please dont want to waste my money on a car i might no end up liking.

yeah it will be used daily a couple of hundred miles a week. so it will need to be reliable. my mates think im stupid for wanting to sell my integra but i get board quite easily and want something else

The S2000 is probably the most reliable of the bunch there and as you are already a Honda man it is probably high up on your list. The trouble is that it is a 2 seater and convertibles can be a real pain in the winter, especially if they develop leaks.

The Impreza is a good all rounder and will have more than enough performance for you with plenty of scope for turning up the power later.

What about an S3 Quattro?

i want something different to what other young people get im only 25 so not into civic type r and golfs.the s2000 is high but not many of my mayes drive so could be annoyin if lifts are needed. i actually swapped my s3 for the integra i must admit i wasnt impressed with the s3 was always something wrong with it and saying it had 260bhp didnt feel that fast. ive owned an rx8 celica s3 golf now the integra so maybe the subaru next. do you no of any things to look out for when buying one?

Remember that impreza's are all over the place so expect it to loose quiet alot of value.
My mum paid about 13k around 5 or 6 years ago. She'd be lucky to get 3k for it now even though it's an ultra low mileage car.

I would say S2000 as well, but if being a taxi driver is a part of the deal then it's a non-starter. None of the others floats my boat for various reasons. Some will cost you in juice to run if doing a few hundred miles a week and that will translate into more frequent service intervals as well.

I'm loving S2000's atm, but I wouldn't get one until after the winter. Either keep your car until Spring and get an S2k or get something else imo.

All of those cars are very different. I take it your budget is around £6-8k by your choices?

You will get a tidy S15 Silvia R for that! 147 GTA's are nice, and something different but they are not very competent compared to most of the cars mentioned above.

i was gonna wait till after xmas and see how much ive saved and how much i can sell my dc2 for.
didnt want to spend more than £6500 hopefully il be able to get a new year bargain off some1 who has spent to much at xmas

There are bargains all round atm chief. Car market is on its knees and it's definately a great time to be buying. Focus ST has just sprung to mind too.

not a fan of the st prefer the rs anyday. been thinking bout 350z or clio v6? to be honest there are to many cars to just say i want that 1 gonna take a while to find the right 1 and a lot of test driving. im hoping the price of petrol and general running costs will go down in the new year

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back