K&N 57i Flexi Hose

heinrad

Car
Ford Focus 1.6 LX
I just installed my K&N 57i this morning, and I've come across a bit of a problem with the Flexi Hose.

Two things, it just doesn't seem long enough, I streteched it as far as it would go, and it doesn't seem to reach underneath the filter to the front of the car. Also, the instructions say to put the front of the hose by the side of the radiator, attached to the bottom grill, but on my Mk1 Focus, the radiator takes up the whole of the bottom grill and there is no space at the side for it (not that it reaches that far anyway).

My main concern is not that it looks a mess, but the whole leagility of the install worries me. I'd like to rip it out and get a longer hose from somewhere, but it still can't fit through the grill, even if it did reach.

So I guess I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

Any advice?

what worries you about the legalitly of it ? as long as your insurance company is aware there shouldnt be a problem.

as for flexi hose check out ebay or halfords do aluminum ducting. go from your foglight grills

The fact the hose doesn't quite sit right worries me, I don't know if the shonky job is passable in an MOT.

Also, on my model there are no foglights outside of the headlamps. The bottom grill is covered by the radiator and the ends have a plastic shield behind them, so no access at all.

it shouldnt have any problems with the mot with a flexi hose.
do you not have the covers for the foglights ? even if they are covered by plastic a dremel will easily fix this problem ;)

I think I'll take it out and try again.

I might lose a bit of BHP if I get shot of it for the time being, but I'll be happier with it. Then when the weather picks up again, i'll see if it can't be tidied up a bit.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back