just saying hello

lvl 2 inspector

Car
audi a4 b5 1.9 tdi
new to the site, wanted to talk to other audi owners, dont know anyone else with an audi so thought i would join a forum.

hey and welcome to the site mate.

have you done anything to the audi. sure we can give you lots of hints and tips if you want. your in luck anyway your driving a VW with a slightly better badge on it lol

what engine is under neath as there is that many variants of the 1.9 oil burner anything from 90bhp up to 150 standard

Re: hi

im not sure whats under the bonnet, i have a red I on the tdi. possiblya 130 im realy not sure. and all i have done to the car at the moment is lower her and change cam belt water pumpand tentioners, oh yeah and the obligitory control arm change. on the look out for some suitable 18"s, but unable to decide on what would look ok, i was wanting black wheels but arent sure. was also thinking of a remap, was priced 200 quid for the trouble, but again undecided, have heard that a new clutch would be in order soon after a remap, depending on the wieght of your right foot of course. thats the kind of thing thats going on in my head continously!

Last edited:
under the bonnet

I have a red I on the tdi badge, possibly 130 bhp im realy not sure.:confused: recently had the cam belt changed and all other parts changed that need changing while the belt is being done. lowerd her, oil cange air filter changed (standard filter), thats about it. after some 18"s a reasonable price too. bbs would be nice.

red I could be the 115 or 130 varient have a look in the handbook or in the boot for the sticker.

remaps are good ;) £200 seems low for the 1.9 varients be warned cheap maps can be just off a disc from ebay and the company does as many as possible before the clients start complaining.
look to custom code, jabba sport, APR, Revo as these are the main VAG ( Volkswagon Audi Group ) tuners downside is their maps are slightly more expensive at around £300-400 however these have had lots of time fine tuning the generic files and dont ust go for max power.
true if your clutch is worn slightly the remap wont help it. also wont help if you boot it off the line as he torque will soon start to slip, downside of this is the 1.9s use a dual mass flywheel which needs replaced along with the clutch.

if your sensible in 1st and 2nd gear then you shouldnt have any issues with remap just remember to treat the car with care. ie keep servicing up to date or service sooner ad allow the turbo to cool down after a run. this will allow the oil to cool down (internals of the turbo can be as high as 900 degrees cent ) and save you from having a turbo spinning 100,000 rpm with rather hot oil sitting in it then suddenly being stopped with no more lubrication and the oil in there being brken down by the extreme heat

eek!
KirbyRun.gif

Not a lot of Audi's on the road. Pretty exclusive. Even fewer diesels here in the states. What year is it? Welcome. Lots of helpful car owners here. Welcome!!!!

Hi mate, good to have a fellow Audi owner along. Have you got any plans for your car?

It would be worth looking into remaps for them, the diesels respond well giving more power and usually better economy.

:lol: Had enough of it then!
I use NDT too (dye pen & magnet), we have other guys who Ultrasonically test miles of railway track too. :amuse:

alrite mate, the wheels are standard so i am looking for some decent wheels but at a bargain price if possible. the missus dosent like the car and recons that i wont be having the car long enough to do anything to it. ya know wht women are like mate they dont understand.. i dont know what else to do with the car mate. i like it how it is, ive lowerd it some but it was an "se" so it sat pretty high to begin with and dont think ive dropped it enough. plenty of speed bumps around this part of the world so might not be a bad thing.

nah im still in the game mate, ive been doing it 16 months now i want be good at the u.t like . but its quite tricky at times

alrite westcott, its a w reg 2000, face lift change over model. id post a few pics, shes nothing special yet like, but shes in good condition, as i was saying id post a fewpics but dont know if i can yet with me just joining the forum.

alrite mate, im working for a small n.d.t company at the moment, is it good money on the power stations ? wouldnt mind getting out of the company im in at the moment, dont even have a c.v.! di you do your training at t.w.i?

The money is brilliant during the outages (shutdowns). In our case, they want the job done and will throw silly money at you to do it. These lose thousands a day by not providing the grid with power. Opportunity for lots of hours, weekends, nights...It can be a filthy job though, especially working around us messy laggers. You'll be working in dark, cramped, red hot conditions a lot of the time, although it's probably okay if you're testing. It's a different story if you're trying to strip insulation off a 200 degree pipe.

I think most of the weld-testers on the stations are EDF or Alstom guys so might be worth looking into that. EDF have just bought up all 8 of the UK powerstations too and the company I work for has won the contract for all 8! So loads of work for years to come.

Not too sure how much work there is for testers outside of the outages though, or whether there is demand for testers or not.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back