just say hello

stew299

Car
bmw 325i touring
hi just joined so i'll say hello at present i own a cadillac bls only had it a couple of weeks but have had problems already particulate filter.it only has 18000 miles on the clock.has anyone got one or had the same problem

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along.

Have you got a waranty on it? What fuel are you using? What has let you to believe it is the particulate filter?

just using morrisons standard diesel it has had a new fuel filter fitted now its off to cadillac dealers in manchester,it has a warrantry so it will cost me nothing but thats not the point.it has the same engine as the saab 9-3 but different ecu's it's a gm/fiat 1.9 tid hope to have it back in the next day or so. thanks for the reply.

hi just joined so i'll say hello at present i own a cadillac bls only had it a couple of weeks but have had problems already particulate filter.it only has 18000 miles on the clock.has anyone got one or had the same problem

Welcome.

Sorry I can not be of more help but not a lot of diesels here in the states. The big three really shot themselves in the foot back in the early 80's by rushing designs out the door that were complete crap. They were loud, slow, and unreliable. Americans have had a bad taste in their mouth over diesels ever since.

The only market here in the US that seems to flourish with diesels is the heavy duty personal truck market. With modified turbos, propane injection, and other improvements, these tree stump pullers are producing ungodly amounts of horsepower and torque. 500hp+ is not uncommon in these diesel trucks used for personal drivers.

Good luck and keep us posted on what the dealer works out on your cadillac.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back