jonnysaph20

J

jonnysaph20

Hello everyone i have just joined the site and would like to introduce myself, My name is Jonathon and i live in Newcastle upon Tyne, England at the moment i drive a Ford Sierra Sapphire 2.0 D,O,H,C Which i plan to extensively modify and as such would welcome any advice you would like to share:bigsmile:

welcome to the site fella, im glad to hear of a saph owner on here! :) these are one of my favorite cars!
what colour is yours?
i dont know a huge amount regarding modifying these engines, i never looked into it as i have never had more than a 1.8l saph, but i do know the standard injectors are a common first mod with the exhaust and intake, if i am right the injectors wont go much more than 300 BHP, and i think the cooling is a good move to start with as well, so a bigger intercooler...and a remap should see you a good gain i beleive

welcome to the site fella, im glad to hear of a saph owner on here! :) these are one of my favorite cars!
what colour is yours?
i dont know a huge amount regarding modifying these engines, i never looked into it as i have never had more than a 1.8l saph, but i do know the standard injectors are a common first mod with the exhaust and intake, if i am right the injectors wont go much more than 300 BHP, and i think the cooling is a good move to start with as well, so a bigger intercooler...and a remap should see you a good gain i beleive

Think your hopin for too much buddy.
I don't think the car in question is a Cossie.

Oh and welcome to the forum jonny.

Hi & welcome, the Sierra whatever the spec, is still a great car to modify there must a huge range of kit to choose from out there. What plans do you have for the car, maybe a touring car replica?! :bigsmile:

i didnt know they did a touring car in the model of the saphire, i thought that was only used in the rally...?

i didnt know they did a touring car in the model of the saphire, i thought that was only used in the rally...?

Yes buddy they used to use the Sierra Cosworth back in the day for Touring cars.
Steve Soaper (if thats how you spell it) used one for a few years IIRC.

i know they used the sierra but i didnt think they used the sierra saphirre cosworth, i thought they only used the older three door shape model

Hello Jonathon and a warm welcome nice to have you with us.

What will you be using the car for? they are popular with drifters? How much are you looking to spend on the car?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back