Is it right to crush cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Drig dealers, road tax evaders and similar all get their car siezed and crushed.

Is this right? Would it not make more economic sense to break the car and sell it as parts? The revenue can go back into the legal system or compensate victims of crime and uninsured drivers.

I find it hard to believe that they would cube something like a Ferrari Dino if it didn't have any tax on it.

Is there some legal issue with siezing and stripping the car down?

It's to send out a message that if you break the law then you Will have your car removed and crushed.
I had mine impounded a few years ago but I won the court case in the end so I was able to fetch the car back. But they had the car for over 2 years so I ended up scrapping it anyway.

it's the most mistaken thing ever, it ain't economic, it ain't ecologic, and it ain't good for the cars.
you can't recycle a car if it get's tubed.
it costs a lot to tube it, and it ain't worth it.

It's to send out a message that if you break the law then you Will have your car removed and crushed.
I had mine impounded a few years ago but I won the court case in the end so I was able to fetch the car back. But they had the car for over 2 years so I ended up scrapping it anyway.

What on Earth had you been accused of to have a car held for two years?

They tried to accuse me of going equipt for theft because of the motorbike tools I had in the car. Got arrested car got impounded and in court they decided to convict me because they say I didn't give enough reason for being out at that time of night. It took so long because I appealed the decision and got it chucked out of court. In the end anyway. About 2 and a half years they ended up having it.

They tried to accuse me of going equipt for theft because of the motorbike tools I had in the car. Got arrested car got impounded and in court they decided to convict me because they say I didn't give enough reason for being out at that time of night. It took so long because I appealed the decision and got it chucked out of court. In the end anyway. About 2 and a half years they ended up having it.

Do you know it makes me sick this country. and the police. the way they can just do that to you for being out that late at night? i used to go out on my bike tupid hours sometimes jsut for the piece and quiet , for a nice ride. and then they have the right to accuse you of going to steel something. My car has tool box init. and im sure laods of peoples do. you never know when you might need one. if the police pulled me up and said that to me i end up beating the crap out of him. i knwo then i woudl really be screwed but it jsut makes me sick to the teeth that they can do that. Its nto a free country in my opinion at all. as for the crushing. I think its wrong. I would be more anoyyed seeing someone driving my loveley tuned up car that i had spent 1000's on than seeing it crushed.

Do you know it makes me sick this country. and the police. the way they can just do that to you for being out that late at night? i used to go out on my bike tupid hours sometimes jsut for the piece and quiet , for a nice ride. and then they have the right to accuse you of going to steel something. My car has tool box init. and im sure laods of peoples do. you never know when you might need one. if the police pulled me up and said that to me i end up beating the crap out of him. i knwo then i woudl really be screwed but it jsut makes me sick to the teeth that they can do that. Its nto a free country in my opinion at all. as for the crushing. I think its wrong. I would be more anoyyed seeing someone driving my loveley tuned up car that i had spent 1000's on than seeing it crushed.

It's not the police that cause these kind of problems. The Home Office, which is, supposedly, regulated by government, is the issue.

The problem is that government in this country is slowly but surely becoming a totalitarian dictatorship. How long will it will be before it's compulsory to vote? And for it to be a criminal offence to not do so.

That would be fine so long as the ballot paper has a tick box at the bottom where one can make a clear statement that one is choosing to vote for 'none of the above'.

Without that, democracy cannot survive.

We're not so far away from a civil war, in my opinion. In years gone by it would have been badged as a 'peasants revolt'.

It's fragile at this point. The UK (for what it's worth) is in a mess.

To all who think that we should be defending this country, I ask, from what?

Who the heck is going to invade the UK - we've nothing to offer anyway!

Does the invader really want to adopt the national debt?

I doubt it.

Paul Anderson.

Would like to comment but too political and we arent allowed to voice politics. Suffice to say i dont approve of the current govt - BRING BACK MAGGIE THATCHER!