Intercool a roots supercharger

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Hi, as the title says,

How can you intercool a roots type supercharger if they are bolted onto a manifold?

I've got a gti6 engine now (not the car) and thats the way I want to go with it so I just needed a couple of questions answered, I'll mention them as I come to them :)

Cheers guys

Brett

Due to the engine heat an inline intercooler would not be feasable. Fit the supercharger in place of the aircon at the front/side of the engine bay and then pipe the pressurised air to the manifold via an intercooler.

You can fit an intercooler to these but not worth the effort as you have the supercharger sticking out way too far or even out the bonnet if you engine is layed outthat way. It involves a 2 layer manifold that goes under the charger. Top layer with the charger is directed to the end of the unit, off to the cooler and back up to the layer below which runs into the engine. But as said, the charger will stick out alot and doesn't really look to clever unless you have a V8 muscle car lol.

Yeah thanks guys, I did look into it some more and thought about modifying a manifold from a chevy cobolt ss but I think the injectors would end up in the wrong place, so I'm not sure on that one