Injury claims put up insurance

billyo

Track Warrior
There was a report out recently that says that our premiums are going up on car insurance because of the injury claims that are made.

Insurers are blaming the "blame = claim" culture fuelled by greedy accident claims solicitors.

I think people should be entitled to fair compensation if they are injured in a car accident but there are lots of inflated claims made.

Plus there are a load of totally fraudulent accidents made anyway.

I think it is the fraudulent claims that push this up. A lot of people who just have a banged knee may inflate their claim slightly but if people are injurered badly then they deserve all they can get in my opinion. An accident can really change someones life and restrict them emotionally as well as physically for a long time. Money does not fix that but it will help cover loss of earnings and pay for healthcare and health aids.

I was involved in a semi bad crash last year and hurt my back quite bad and i am still having major problems, thing is why should claims make your insurance go up when its not your fault, i have been having physio for well over a year now with the pay out i may or may not get will just go towards physio cost and being around £40 a session all of that will go towards cost thats. Thing is we dont ask to be in an accident and get hurt!!

I suspect this is a bit of propoganda put out by insurers to discourage people from claiming for what they are entitled to.

An accident does change peoples life and from my days in insurance the compensation paid out is far too low. I did see people with minor injuries like bruised legs who recovered afer a couple of days putting in big claims backed up by dubious medical reports but I think these were in the minority.

But people will always try and get something for nothing and even though as much as people will complain its not going to stop :(

lol like my insurances on the cars is not high enough lol.

Bring back horse and cart!