Injuries from car engines

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What injuries have you sustained whilst working on a car engine.

I'm sure we have all had burns from the exhaust and been scalded by hot engine oil!

Hopefully we can learn from one anothers mistakes!

Ive spent the past week fixing the gearbox on my engine and I now have untold cuts on my hands and arms now :D.

Changing rear break shoes on my veccy and used long nose plyers on the spring clip,plyers slipped and trapped my finger gave me a right blood wheel,i dint swear much lol i think we all bin there and got scares and maybe tea shirts to prove :bigsmile:

Lots of skinned knuckles over the years, and yes, I once had my scarf caught in the radiator fan a long time ago while working sitting on the fender of my Studebaker

Bet that was an exciting moment! :blink:
Mostly blooded knuckles & a couple of cuts to my head, when I'm trying to get a better view of something & forget whats next to me head! :lol:

Just the Normal Cuts Etc like everyone else.

Today I was changing a Tyre Tho, and When I was trying the Tyre off the Bead, the fecking thing slipped back onto the Bean and my Thumb got caught in the bead with the tyre ...... It was sore at first, Running around with a Wheel stuck to the Thumb, but after a few minutes I lost the Blood to my Thumb so it was Numb and I was able to pull it with force lol

Bet that was an exciting moment! :blink:
Mostly blooded knuckles & a couple of cuts to my head, when I'm trying to get a better view of something & forget whats next to me head! :lol:

I do exactly the same lol never remember whats next to my head then BANG!

'Bet that was an exciting moment! '
Hi Loz, yes, it was quite a scary experience, The car was a 1956 Studebaker President that I owned I was sitting on the left fender adjusting the Carburetters with the engine at fast idle, (it was a V8 ) the carbs are situated at the rear , and while adjusting the cold start fast idler screw, my hand slipped, and my scarf was in the fan! my head was pulled to within a few inches of the fan blades, I stopped the engine by pulling the HT lead out of the coil. I will never forget this...Had another even worse experience but that was when working on an aircraft engine