Immobiliser Issues!

lee172

Wrench Pro
Car
Audi a3 1.8
Hi i have fiited an alarm to my a3 which works fine apart from the remote start feature. is there any way of bypassing the standard immobiliser? i have tried placing the chip from the spare key around the ignition but my immobiliser light is still flashing. Has anyone had any experience with issues like this?

Hi i have fiited an alarm to my a3 which works fine apart from the remote start feature. is there any way of bypassing the standard immobiliser? i have tried placing the chip from the spare key around the ignition but my immobiliser light is still flashing. Has anyone had any experience with issues like this?

Dunno much about your alarm system but I know that on my Ti to remove the Immobiliser you have to remove the Ecu and have it sent away for the Immobiliser to be froze. Maybe this is something you could look into?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that myself but read somewhere the immobilisers havent got anything to do with the ecu, at least on the a3s anyway. Apparently the immobiliser is built into the instrument cluster but i cant find anything. i know you can buy some sort of diagnostic equipment off of ebay for like £30 that will bypass the immobiliser but dont know whether to trust it?

not heard of it being done but im sure it could be. theres three parts to the immobiliser however.
1 the key
2 the ECU
3 The clocks

the codes would need to be removed. mix of VAG-COM and VAG TACHO will be your friends here.

vag com will allow you to gain the codes from all 3 pieces which should be the same.
vag tacho will allow you to reprogram them.

thanks for the help, i have had a look for vag com and vag tacho on the internet, would i be right in thinking that you can get vag com for around £20 and vag tacho for around £30 from ebay?

not sure about vag tacho.

if its based on the Mk4 platform (98-03 04ish) then you can use the older version or vag com 409.1 which costs around £60 for the software, the down load is free but only allows you access to so much info, but you can get cables off ebay for around £15.

if its newer Mk5 platform based ( i really should learn the model numbers for audi at some point ) then you need to use VCDS which is what vag com became when they switched to CAN software for the newer ECUS. good thing is the softwares free. bad thing the cables have to be ross tech - the company that built Vagcom. as these hold the authorisation software and your looking at around £200 for the cable