If you saw someone stealing a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you saw someone stealing a car would you get involved? Would you challenge them or just call the police and take some incriminating photos/video on your phone?

Has anyone actually been in this situation?

I'd ask them to pose for a photograph and then watch them scarper! Why get involved as most thieves would have something long and heavy in their hand at that time!

I saw a couple of youths break into my next door neighbours car about a year ago - i was in bed at the time - heard something outside, then heard a smash, shouted at them - some really choice words - then they scarperd

Police came round and gave them a statement - (in my PJ's )

Id slap on my superhero costume and re appear as by superhero altereego ''Leeeeeeroy Jenkins!'' (for them who don't understand, watch my leeroy jenkins post) :bigsmile:

Nha in all honesty, whats the point in getting involved? Other than shout out ''Oi'' I don't think I would do much. You hit em, you can get done. You brake there nose or cheek bone, you can go down for 4 years. Take a picture of the criminal, the police arn't going to do much but waste 4 hours of your life questioning you untill its time for shift change over so they can go home.

If it were my car on the other hand I'd pick up the firts thing that came to hand (wether it be a stone or a wheelee bin) and knock bash seven shades of ship out of them. If they were bigger/tougher than me then Id get my self beet up :( But its always worth a go. We are not made out of glass and a good kickin does us good from time to time. :D

If it were my car on the other hand I'd pick up the firts thing that came to hand (wether it be a stone or a wheelee bin) and knock bash seven shades of ship out of them. If they were bigger/tougher than me then Id get my self beet up :( But its always worth a go. We are not made out of glass and a good kickin does us good from time to time. :D

Not too sure about: "a good kickin does us good from time to time" but I do empathise with you BBJ - if I ever saw my baby being violated then all I better say for now is; the scumbags had better know the lords prayer and have a list of their next of kin in their back pocket!

I can amagine you charging in T9 and quoting

''And I will strike down apon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, tho's who appose my Saab, and you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance appon you!!!"

Nha, what I meant by a good kickin was, it doesn't matter if you were to go charging in there and lose the fight, at least you have defended your property, and a few punches to the face, a bloody nose and a black eye never did me any harm. At least you still have your car!! :amuse:

''And I will strike down apon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, tho's who appose my Saab, and you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance appon you!!!"

Nha, what I meant by a good kickin was, it doesn't matter if you were to go charging in there and lose the fight, at least you have defended your property, and a few punches to the face, a bloody nose and a black eye never did me any harm. At least you still have your car!! :amuse:

Exactly! ;)

Jump in and let them hit you.
It would become aggravated theft then so when caught they'd get longer inside. ;)
If I saw someone else's car being stolen I dunno what i'd do really. Suppose it would depend on where I was at the time.

All HELL would break loose if I ever caught anyone mugging my car..... it was broken into... TWICE!! second time was more merciful. But i should say that both times it was my fault. I wont mention what happened the first time, but the second time i was robbed.... it was because the battery in the car died, and i didnt have any jumper cables, and tow starting it didnt work, it was dead cold.... so i left it over night. when I came back the next morning, my Sub and Amp were missing, with impressive attempts to nick the head unit too (they've damaged it in the process). Im suspicious of my neighbours now... as someone clearly seen my futile attempts to start the engine and realised that I have absolutely NO SECURITY (alarm/immobiliser) apart from the standard lock, which u could probably crack with a tooth pick.

Anyway.... If i ever caught any of them...(call the police +) if its just one guy i would engage him and do a Vinnie Jones on him(4 years of martial arts has to be good for something)..... if its 2, id still engage them with a long stick/umbrella/crowbar/mop/toilet brush. If more... i will still go over there and try to kill some time before the cops roll in...

If its someone elses car.... depends on how obvious it is. If i see someone in a car taking out a head unit, how can you tell if they are nicking it or, fixing/replacing it? id probably stalk them for a while and see if i can tell any suspicious behaviour before calling police.