If petrol reached £3 litre

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you do if petrol reached £3 per litre? Would you go without a car or would you make cuts elsewhere in your budget?

Perhaps you'd get an economical car instead, if so what would you go for.

Good question. I think now, because i'm getting into the Scooby world again, I'd have to go for a LPG conversion. Theres alot of peeps on a scooby forum that have had this conversion and running well over 300bhp. The worst loss of power i have heard of is 8bhp on a 367bhp car. So not bad really. And it if it works aswell with other cars which I would imagine it will, this would be the way for me.

at £3 a litre I think I'd just get something for weekends and walk/cycle the rest of the time. Plus roads would be a lot emptier 'cause it would just be the enthusiasts like us that would have cars :bigsmile::bigsmile:

I think that it will reach £3 a litre, just because prices go up. Prices are set at the a level most people are prepared to pay. If no one bought it they would go out of business so prices tend to match demand.

When I started driving petrol was 33p a gallon. When a 1p a gallon increase was announced in the budget long queues would almost immediately appear at fuel stations, some people only managing to get a gallon or two into already almost full tanks! These days we just moan and continue to fill up because most of us are able, just, to afford it. I imagine, however, that a lot less driving around just for fun is done these days compared to my time.

Wow just ordered 40 litres of super unleaded. I can't believe the price! This is sure to take off in a big way.;) the about us page was quite insightful.

As long as the cost of living and salary is somewhat relative we will pay it. As it stands I don't drive around for the fun of it anymore, as I commute 350 miles a week I have to watch the fuel budget. So track days and attending car shows are a real luxury these days and are getting less frequent compared to say 10 years ago.

If it reached £3 a litre then I will still buy it - it is an essential tool required for work continuity!

if it reaches £3 a litre i will have to either get the misses working harder or just get rid of her for good to save me money lol i would still pay the price enjoy driving sideways to much.

lets see £3 a litre is £13.63 per gallon (ish) so 99 would probably be £14

so thats £1 per mile when on high boost ......................seems Ok to me .

Where else can you spend under £15 and get more fun per minute

We'd see a massive increase in roadside fuel theft. A cars tank of fuel would be worth more than a high end ICE install at this point!

I will probably just drive less rather than compromise with a non fun car.

BTW Did everybody know that you can refine Coal into high quality Crude Oil! And This would greatly reduce the cost of oil as With Oil wells there is about 100 Years max left in supply but in Coal Under Kent alone is 5000 Years worth of coal to supply the UK

Surely it would take more energy to convert the coal into oil than you'd ever get out again at the other side.

Not at all I mean they used to do it all the time in the name of making Domestic Products like Shampoo's Cream's, Butane and other stuff

£3 per litre is still a way off but we move one step closer each year! Prices now about half this amount! How long will it be?

Only when truly needed my car will be use in that case .. other wise , Running and biking is always healthy lol it would be a good excuse to start doing sports