ICE Systems

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Heya was just wandering i have a nice set of Hi-fi Speakers 700 W and 500 W Subwoofers is there a chance i can wire them into the motor?

and if so isit quite simple to do??

Sorry if i am being completely moronic

not as such, they will work but not sound great as the resistance chances are wont match. your hifi speakers are more likely to be 8 Ohm whereas car as normally 4 ohm

Plus the fact that the 700w and 500w will be peak power. True rms will be less than half those figures.
Also your sub will have it's own amp which will require a 240v power source.
You'll be far better off buying and installing proper car audio equipment.

Why don't you try Halfords or should I say Ripspeeds in Halfords. They have all manner of systems with CD/MP3 head units, direct replacement speakers and active subs and you can get the lot fitted with change from £425 depending on the kit chosen. Ask to see there clearance range and your money will go even further. Just a thought! ;)

have a look on gumtree loads of set ups in kent or even if you buy it one by one will be cheaper

is all i keep seeing on there

800 watts RMS is unlikely in a car. From a 12 volt source you'd have to draw 70 amps continuously to sustain this. even with inverters something has to sink current at just 12 volts into the inverters.

Use proper car designated equipment, you'll get better results in the long term