I want to try out a Porsche...

tjw2007

Tuner
Anybody know of a cheap, performance car hire company. There are loads out there, but the cheapest I've found so far is £165 per day, which, if you want to try the car out for more than a day - is quite a lot. Let me know if you have.

Thanks

i just wondered because you would not get it if you where 19 ect lol i think thats pretty good price for what you get why not try track days you know you get 10 laps or an hour you will get the most out of it then if you just wanna show off then rent i out lol

Yeah, I've done that before, but I really want to get a feel for what they're like on the road as I'm considering investing in a (slightly old) boxster sometime in the future. I suppose a day with one would be enough to get an idea of what they're like to drive.

Porsche is the grandaddy of performance. The cars are grown up. Not only can you go very very fast very very easily, you can treat 'em like a Golf for servicing purposes. They're Japanese like in the reliability stakes.

i would class the new GT-R as a super car the way it handles and can go 190mph.

i would LOVE to hire an nsx for the day, or something like a exige S2.

anyone know what sort of requirements are needed to do this?

other than a driving licence lol.
2 years experiance?

A lot of hire companies have age restrictions as well.

I put on a red blazer and white gloves and stood outside a hotel in London and got to drive 3 Ferraris, an Aston Martin DB9, a 911 and a Pagani Zonda :lol: (Not really but wouldn't that be a great story to tell!)

I think it's the Skyline's seating capacity that attracts me. And it's completely ott stability control system that can "flatter" anyones driving. After all, if you're going to make your passengers chuck up with lateral G you might as well do it four at a time!!

A lot of hire companies have age restrictions as well.

I put on a red blazer and white gloves and stood outside a hotel in London and got to drive 3 Ferraris, an Aston Martin DB9, a 911 and a Pagani Zonda :lol: (Not really but wouldn't that be a great story to tell!)

yes, yes it would! i think someone should try it :p