I come in peace

Demos

Car
Civic IE 1.5v-tec
Greetings earthlings. I am Demos coming from planet honda. My civic Ie 2001 spaceship is in need of some performance enhancing. I am in need of some help. I thank you in advance:mrgreen:

Ahhh the aliens are coming :lol:

what engines in the civic ? it depends on what youve got as a starting base

never mind just seen it is a 1.5.
best bet would be to swap it out to a performance engine such as the B series or the K20 out of the type R

thanx for your reply, but for now i really would like to keep the stock engine since i cannot afford another engine.What i would really like to start with is the intake & exhaust.since my civic is a type IE its difficult to find performance parts made for that.So i now lookin at universal parts.I believe it has a D15B v-tec engine.Help me return to my homeplanet with this engine please:mrgreen:

to be honest mate your going to have to spend a fortune to get any real increase in performance.

get a panel filter ( induction kit wont do anything for it, been there done it on the 1.4 ) (£35)
full stainless exhaust (manifold, cat, mid section, and back box ) (£500)
cams (£3-500 is it sohc of dohc )
fuel pressure regulator (£80)
polishing the headwork (£?)
porting the exhaust gasket (?)
to start

then look towards getting the head flowed (£1000) and a remap (£200)

but from all that your only looking at maybe 20-25 bhp on a 1.5 for around £2000 not including fitting. you could pick up a bigger engine for less and get a bigger gain and better relability

Hi and welcome nice to have you along and good to see you have a sense of humour or beleive in Aliens either way you'll fit in well here!

PG has covered the bases there and there is not a lot I can add only I'd say get the suspension sorted and enjoy the good handling.

Welcome to the forum. Don't want to step on anyone's toes but my two cents.

Not sure where some of these prices come from tbh unless you guys are actually paying £300 for a single camshaft from blank and £1000 for gas flowing of a 4 cylinder head, be it 8 or 16v.

Also, you won't really see any gain from an adjustable FPR unless there's something wrong with your existing regulator. Steer clear from the FSE brand ones, I've seen them fail miserably at trying to hold there set pressure on many occassions - they jsut adjust themselves!! It's essentially a cheap way of adjusting the fuel flow when running larger injectors instead of having it mapped properly on standalone and even then you'd need a rolling road to set and adjustable FPR up properly.

What does porting the exhaust gasket mean?

I agree with all the other stuff mentioned though but do try and do as much of the work as possible yourself, it will save you a fortune in labour and you will learn along the way. Fitting a panel filter and exhaust system (cat-back at least) is all very easy stuff with a few basic tools and a great place to start. Cams will involve timing and reshimming and is best left to a garage if you don't know what you're doing.

Oh and make sure your engine is running right in the first place. You wouldn't believe the difference a fresh set of plugs, leads, fresh oil, oil filter, fuel filter and a bit of injection cleaner can make.

Thanx for the info guys.its very helpfull.The first thing i want to do is getting rid of the stock mufler. I am now searching for an exhaust(mufler) thats affordable and i mean reallly affordable, but also witch great prformance.What type or brand should i consider. And is it true that by removing the cat the engine´s performance is increased.

Thanx for the info guys.its very helpfull.The first thing i want to do is getting rid of the stock mufler. I am now searching for an exhaust(mufler) thats affordable and i mean reallly affordable, but also witch great prformance.What type or brand should i consider. And is it true that by removing the cat the engine´s performance is increased.

Removing the cat will give very little increase as you have a quiet small engine. But yes it does help the engine breath better.
Oh hello and welcome by the way...:bigsmile:

MA granted prices may have been slightly out, but ive seen cam kits for mins for £6-700 for a fast road cam, gas flowed head is around £1500 for a exchange £600 more if you dont give then another head.
the exhaust gasket is quite often smaller than the exhaust itself, the airflow through it can be restricted. by polishing/ cutting it back you can get better airflow, should only take a couple of hours to do yourself as long as you can get the manifold off easily.
dont worry about stepping on toes as long as its relevent

A back box ( muffler) wont give you any gains youll need to replace the whole lot from the engine to see any real differences. i had a decat on my civic and it made no difference at all

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back