how to change the front grill on a focus

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
hi everyone hpe you can help

how do i change the front grill on the focus to a plain chrome or silver mesh one, as it has the bonnet release mechanism in it???

thanks all
tom

You can get plain grills from ebay that are a direct replacement fit. There is usually a few clips on the front grills that just pop open and it pulls out.

This is peculiar to the UK spec. You twist the badge the key goes in and the bonnet opens! Crazy setup if you ask me.

US ones have a bonnet release catch inside the car. Quite a few owners import the US bonnet release catch. I'm sure thought that some companies in the UK already make the release catches. It is basically a catch, cable and lever and is really easy to fit.

Have you found any yet mate. Let us know what you turn up. I have a mate whos trying to do the same thing.

well there are blank front grills on ebay, but i cant find the bonnet catch that will have to be moved to inside the car, im thinking of ringing aford dealer and see if they have one, or if they can get me one. i shall keep you up dated :)

you need to fabricate your own bonnet release catch to somewhere else, usualy back inside the car, like normal car, im looking to do the same on my focus

If you do this wifiuk can you post up a guide with pics, I'm sure lots of people will find that very very helpful.