How many 4WD's ever get down and dirty?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It seems that over here not that many as they are seen as a status symbol or thought to be a safer option than other vehicles and the majority never venture off road.
We live near a school and it appears that some 30% of kids being dropped off arrive in 4WD's

While I drive a 4WD and have never been off road it was purchased to tow my car to events with the added traction of 4WD and lo range used when needed.

I considered the same vehicle in 2WD with LSD but the 4WD would also have the benefit of better resale for not much more as they are more popular.

Awd or 4wd ? \B\B\B Most people and probably even a few on here couldn't properly explain the difference .

I see loads of 4WD cars off the road down our way, usually on the pavements by schools dropping off the kids but I don't think that counts.

Most people that live in big houses live in areas where the private roads are not maintained and full of potholes, perhaps that is why they NEED 4WD vehicles!

Some people I've spoken to say that they feel safer in a large landrover or X5 than they would in a small car, and they get a better view of the road ahead.

Sleeper - SIMPLES [Irony] "4wheel drive is where the 4 wheels are driven and all wheel drive is where all the wheels are driven, so if you had a 6 wheeler it would be an all wheel drive, not a 4WD." ;) I can't believe people don't know the difference! [/Irony]