honda or rover engine

nig

Torque Junkie
Car
rover 200 1.4si ish
honda or rover engine on my rover 200 1.6si were does it say witch engine it is as i hope its a honda engine many thanks nig

If it's a single cam 16 valve then it's the Honda unit. The was used in the 95-97 216 GSi.

The 216 GTi had a K series twin cam unit.
its 1998 r reg does that mean the engines are crap. but it sounds sweet and go's very well

how you know if its a honda engine,

look down where the gearbox joins to the engine block
there should be a stamp inggraved on the gearbox

something like = h22a or b16a

the 22 or 16 is the engine size

so if you have a 1.6 litre car it should be letter16letter

all honda engines are marked like above, so now you know mate

how you know if its a honda engine,

look down where the gearbox joins to the engine block
there should be a stamp inggraved on the gearbox

something like = h22a or b16a

the 22 or 16 is the engine size

so if you have a 1.6 litre car it should be letter16letter

all honda engines are marked like above, so now you know mate

many thanks will get wife to have a look ;)

the easyest way of all is just look at it the rover lump has a black rocker cover cambelt on the left and gearbox on the right
honda sliver cover cambelt on the left gearbox on the right

rover engines are crap nothing good about them only that it puts my in are pockets when the head gasket goes and honda engine go for ever

the easyest way of all is just look at it the rover lump has a black rocker cover cambelt on the left and gearbox on the right
honda sliver cover cambelt on the left gearbox on the right

rover engines are crap nothing good about them only that it puts my in are pockets when the head gasket goes and honda engine go for ever

Nothing wrong with Rover engines they just mark their territory. If it is a Rover engine it Will say rover on the cam cover.

The Rover K series twink 1.6 litre is 108bhp. In Mrs Twamgl3's late 90s Rover 400 this equates to comfortable motorway driving. Or a top speed of around 120mph which is not bad considering all the weight.

The trade off is that K series engines go through head gaskets which is expensive to fix.

Checking the oil and water weekly is a must!

The rover k series engine is a far superior design to any equivalent of it's time, as well as being much more advanced and weighing considerably less due to it's all aluminium design.

The headgasket problem is an easy fix...for starters if (when) it goes you need to find the cause: thermostat, water pump, radiator etc. Then fit a landrover mls headgasket with the steel dowels. Then enjoy your trouble free engine as much as you like ;)

The rover k series engine is a far superior design to any equivalent of it's time, as well as being much more advanced and weighing considerably less due to it's all aluminium design.

The headgasket problem is an easy fix...for starters if (when) it goes you need to find the cause: thermostat, water pump, radiator etc. Then fit a landrover mls headgasket with the steel dowels. Then enjoy your trouble free engine as much as you like ;)

thanks for the advice