Honda Civic Ipod connection

berkeley64

Car
Honda Civic Type S
Hi guys & girls !

I've just bought a new Civic and had a ipod connector fitted to the standard CD player. I've followed the instruction manual to the letter and all the audio system will do is play the ipod in a shuffle mode and it will not recognise the playlists. Well when I say recoginse them it says EJECT when they are selected.

Does anyone have any idea's suggestions as to how to fix this.

:sad2:

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. The way I thought these worked was the ICE becomes an AMP for the Ipod rather than taking over control of it. If it is not doing what you expected it to then there may indeed be an issue with the head unit. Is the head unit Ipod compatible or has the Ipod just been wired into the line in?

I bought a brand new ipod and have also tried my daughters. Both show up as CDC EJECT, when you select a playlist. It will then only play the ipod in suffle mode.

If it is happening on 2 ipods then it is definately a fault with the head unit or the cable. Definately go back and give Honda some SHOUT!

Right, I've been back to Honda and they have produced a service bulletin with regards to the ipod connector. It appears that just after Honda designed the connector, Apple changed the way they connect the ipod to the car, PC, charger etc. So basically any ipod after 2006 will not work in your shiny new Civic!!!! That's unless you have an old ipod......