HKS 4" mushroom filter - where from?

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Hi Guys, one of my apprentices, bless him! is in a desperate need to find a mushroom filter which MUST be made by HKS with a 4 inch neck.

He does not want a 3" or a 3.5" version and resort to using a reducer but must be a full blown 4 inch/100mm version :blink:

He is driving me crazy, you will possibly be saving his life (I his boss is getting angry) if someone can produce a link where he can buy one from I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks guys :)

A single 100mm filter is useless for anything other than pub talk on most cars and then needs to be combined with a 100mm induction pipe.............. and there are very few cars that use that size.

A lot of the big power skylines running one silly turbo use twin 80mm filters into a huge y pipe instead of one large filter - it works better.

@ Loz, cheers buddy I shall pass it on to him, hopefully once he has it he can start to get some work done instead of searching the net in pursuit of the damn thing on his mobile.

@ Sleeper, many thanks for the pearls of wisdom, I too will pass this on to the lad. I think it is a pub talk issue myself but he has his heart set on it so he is destined to find out the unsuitability the hardway.

Genuine HKS parts, you're paying your employees too much lol.

Sleeper is right as usual though. No point have a huge 4" neck on your filter when your induction pipe is 2" (say).

Genuine HKS parts, you're paying your employees too much lol.

Sleeper is right as usual though. No point have a huge 4" neck on your filter when your induction pipe is 2" (say).

I hear you MA but kids these days, what can you do? :lol:
I will try and steer him towards sleeper's suggestion about the twin 80's and a Y section; at the end of the day if its good enough for sleeper then its good enough for everybody. :bigsmile: