High mileage Peugeot 307... buy?

vjohn82

Car
Peugeot 206
I'm being steered away from buying this Peugeot 307 (by some friends and forum users on another site). However, they are all petrol heads and are steering me away from diesels in general.

I quite like diesels however and this car seemed both good value (spec wise) but with 187k on the clock.

Any advice appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the site mate
your thread became stuck in the moderation queue due to the link
187 is starting to get on even for a diesel, as long as its been well seviced you should be fine. would be worth checking for play in the turbo if its never been replaced.

personally id hold off and look for the later models with 136bhp Hdi engine

Thanks guys.

I only have £1000ish to play around with. Circumstances mean I need to get a car in the next 2 weeks really. Not really much about diesel wise.

I currently have a 1.4 206 which I'm happy with. Quite nippy and v.good on fuel. But it's gone so I need to get something else.

I've seen 307s around the 220k mark so I thought I might get at least 2/3 years out of it (if I did I would be happy).

Your required to have 10 posts under your belt before uploading pics or links.
Have a wander round the forum and join in on some other topics you'll soon hit 10. ;)

Peugeot's 4 cylinder HDi units are well regarded and if this one's been serviced properly then it should serve you well. DO make sure the history is complete, even at this mileage it's important not to have big gaps. Not that I doubt the mileage, the seller's been totally honest. So, the same as any used car really. The HDi 90 is not the most powerful of engines - it has no intercooler - but as such it's not been possible for the previous user(s) to hammer the whole drivetrain outrageously.

The 307 is a good car in general, Peugeot is good at chassis design; gearbox is slick and the clutch is near perfectly weighted, like just about any Peugeot made in the last twenty years.

I bought a 307 1.4 HDi in the end. 158k but full dealer service history, cambelt changed 10k ago along with discs/pads.

Very happy with it... runs as smooth as silk.

Same boat here....I just bought a Peugeot 307 2.0 90bhp. Quite snappy even with high mileage. It has 183k on clock but the engine doesnt feel like weared. It pulls like a bull. Happy for the moment.

Thank you, and Happy New Year to all of you!

Anyway, I am interested in remapping if anybody knows a reliable place in London, UK.

Last edited: