Hi

Mr Riggs

Just call me Riggs everyone else does.Im new own an old Audi 100 2.0E.Only mods i have are 17" alloys with 225\40 tyres.Am hoping to get some info on how to boost this old bag(dont let her know i said that).

Hi Riggs. Nice to have you along. What are you aiming to get from your car - silly power, reliability, fun, fuel economy etc....

What sort of mileage has your's covered?

PS: I really like the 100's they are solid engines and there is a lot of scope for modding them.

Hi Riggs,

How old is the 100? If its a very early one the engineblock is the same as the one used for the Porsche 924, which gives you loads of scope for tuning.

The Audi is a 1994 model 4 cylinder just before it became the A6.I dont want to go over board, as i would by a V8 if i had the chance, but it has no low down power.It has done 108 000 miles and when loaded is really poor on power and response.You know like when you want that burst of speed to over take.The car is more like a cruiser but i hate the lack of power.When i put my foot down i want it to respond a bit and give me overtaking speed.I dont drive like a maniac so i just want to enjoy the car more.Once on the motor way she is fine and responsive and just sits at a steady speed.I will put an exhaust on later but if i can not get much out of her i will by an Audi A4 1.8 turbo. :rolleyes:

I do rate the 1.8T engines - I have one in my A3 and they are very easily tunable so the A4 is a tempting option.

Adressing the need for a better response - fitting a Fuel pressure boost valve will make things more snappy for you. It would also be worth getting some Power Boost Spray (by ekotec) and using this in the air intake to clean the inside of the engine - it should effectively take about 50k miles off the car. Still think a cam is worth considering along with head work but if you are thinking of getting another car this is probably the better option.

Have you considered weight reduction? The car is very heavy - take out the spare tyre and as much junk as you can and see how it responds, then think about a carbon fibre bonnet etc...

A closer ratio gearbox will also help with acceleration - German cars tend to be built for the auto bahns.

elo, i dnt know much about audis, but frm what you saying about lack of responsiveness and general low down power, have a lil look at the plugs, check the air fuel ratios all good?, skim the head, it does have relatively high mileage now, so maybe even do a dry compression test?, exhaust system and intake is a good start also, get a more free flowing setup in general, get that beast breathing beter and then look at the fueling.....? let me know how you get on, Rob.

have you heard of THE PHIRE? they do alot of vw and audi's. went down there yesterday and they had a polo with a v5 turbo in :!: :eek: sam is girl that works down there she has a pink polo with over 400bhp in.0-60mph in 6 second wheelspinning 8) thats very fast.they r so mad down there and they do much a good job :!: :!: tim the owner has a rallye golf and thats got over 600bhp + nos :shock: i'll get there number for the vw people

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back