Hi TorqueCars

Stevearcade

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
Hi guys,

I'm Stevearcade, I'm 26, I live in Eastbourne on the south coast (UK) with my Mrs, our son and two cats.

I drive an 03 Honda Accord 2.4 Exec Tourer (the big estate with all the trimmings ;)). I've owned and loved my car for over 2 years now. It's completely converted me to Japanese motors (although I've always had a soft spot for them).

I bought the car after trying a friend's 2.4 Accord Tourer. I loved it, but I never really understood VTEC other than it gave it you a turbo-style kick in the higher revs, and really didn't understand i-VTEC. So was reading up about it recently. It's quite fascinating, very clever stuff, and in some ways quite simple too, like many of the best inventions. My google-ing of VTEC related things led me to this place where I was suckered into signing up :).

Anyway, I'm not really in a position to modify the car in any way at present. Costs enough just run the thing :-(. But I intend on having the car for many years, I wouldn't rule out giving it a little tweak in the future. As it's the estate, the engine's very under tuned for performance, it's very sluggish until you build up some momentum (a real motorway car), there's a lot of untapped potential in the 2.4 for sure.

Anyway, other than my car, I'm a Music teacher, I restore old video game arcade machines for a hobby and support Coventry City FC.

Steve :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.
You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

Not far up the coast from me, nice place, lots of old people! :bigsmile:

So how many games units you got then? Big business I hear, very retro. The glass table top ones are popular aren't they amongest the younger ones?

I've just got a 6 button Street Fighter set up and a Daytona USA Upright (not working) at the moment. The tables are less common, but don't let eBay fool you. There are really only a few classics that fetch big bucks. You'd be surprised at what £300 will buy you, when you know the right people. None of do it for money, it's definitely more an obsession :blink:.

There are some real arcade con artists on eBay though, who sell machines that really aren't what they claim to be for £1k to people who don't any better. If you're thinking of getting one, let me know, I can point to people in the community who price realistically.

And yes, there are a lot of old people in Eastbourne. Which means lots of silver Korean hatchbacks, terrible driven :lol:.

I've just got a 6 button Street Fighter set up and a Daytona USA Upright (not working) at the moment. The tables are less common, but don't let eBay fool you. There are really only a few classics that fetch big bucks. You'd be surprised at what £300 will buy you, when you know the right people. None of do it for money, it's definitely more an obsession :blink:.

There are some real arcade con artists on eBay though, who sell machines that really aren't what they claim to be for £1k to people who don't any better. If you're thinking of getting one, let me know, I can point to people in the community who price realistically.

And yes, there are a lot of old people in Eastbourne. Which means lots of silver Korean hatchbacks, terrible driven :lol:.

I've noticed a few that look tacky, not looking for one as I don't have the room. I think there was a feature on Meridian one evening a while back on people refurbing these.

Been a while since I have been to Eastbourne, did the classic car show on the front there a few years back.

Howdo!

vtec-just-kicked-in-yo-1.jpg

(;->

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back